IGNORED

How long can one leave a 99/4A powered on?

digdugnate

Weird question, but I was just thinking about this since I've had my TI on since like 9am this morning.

Is there a recommendation for how the computer should be powered on? It doesn't appear to generate a lot of heat but I'm not sure if it's rough on the electronics or not.

Since the last time I played one I was a kid I don't have really any context. :)

Thanks in advance!

At this point i wouldn't leave one on you aren't using. Electronics are getting older.. unless you have some spares

In the 80's mine was on 24/7 for about 2-3 years running my BBS until I decided I wanted my TI back and set up a PCXT for the BBS.. Richard Bell runs his BBS currently 24/7 and it's on pretty much nonstop.. I think he did some upgrades to his console not sure if any are power related..

Greg

• Like 3

At this point i wouldn't leave one on you aren't using. Electronics are getting older.. unless you have some spares

In the 80's mine was on 24/7 for about 2-3 years running my BBS until I decided I wanted my TI back and set up a PCXT for the BBS.. Richard Bell runs his BBS currently 24/7 and it's on pretty much nonstop.. I think he did some upgrades to his console not sure if any are power related..

Greg

Cool, thanks!

Weird question, but I was just thinking about this since I've had my TI on since like 9am this morning.

Is there a recommendation for how the computer should be powered on? It doesn't appear to generate a lot of heat but I'm not sure if it's rough on the electronics or not.

Since the last time I played one I was a kid I don't have really any context. :)

Thanks in advance!

+1 to what Greg said. I too had my 99/4A on 24/7 for 3 years while I was running a BBS back in the 80's. But since electronics are getting older and we all know how capacitors dry out over time.