IGNORED

How did you find us? (the TI Forum at Atari Age)

Omega-TI

The TI-99/4A has been experiencing a huge resurgence recently, thanks to all of you new and returning TI'ers. :thumbsup: So, if you've found and joined us in the last 12 months, do you remember a specific thing that rekindled or peaked your interest? Do you remember how you found our little corner of the Internet?

We'd love to read your story!

Definitely via Google. I picked up a couple of silver and black TIs in the middle of 2016. I had a little extra space in my basement office and wanted to set up the system that I had when I was a kid. During the setup, I would google for knowledge, and kept running into AA threads on the TI.

The knowledge here is incredible!

• Like 1

A podcast I listen to was talking about how someone gave him a lot of TI-99/4a equipment, and it reminded me of how much I liked the TI, so I started looking around for people who still used them and found this place by way of a google search yadda yadda yadda, I now have 2 TI's, one for preservation, one for noodling around with. This is all in the last year, I go full bore into my obsessions .

• Like 1

Many TI'ers on the TI-99/4a Yahoo groups told me that this was a more active group when I complained about a lack of answers to my many questions. I've been an active TI'er since the day that I purchased a 99'er mag subscription at the same time I bought our first TI-99/4A for Christmas 1982 along with 6 modules, so we got the TI Speech Synthesizer for free (they sent 2, by mistake?). Added a PEB with 32K , RS-232 and 300 Baud modem, so we (I) could hang out on-line when I was at home. I traveled a lot during the 80's and 90's; domestic at first then International. Last International trip was May of 1999. I've been home alone since (long story and wrong forum).

I have close to a million TI/Geneve diskettes (only a slight exaggeration, I also believe that over 90% are still functional) ranging from 90K up to 1.44MB, along with MFM hard drives, SCSI tapes/cartridges/hard drives, and TI formatted IDE drives, also CF cards for NanoPEB/IDE and a few SD cards for SCSI.

In any case I've been away up until October last year due to medical reasons. I tried to come back for a short while over a year ago, but I was doing more damage to my hardware than good, so I silently went into hibernation, but now I'm back again full of pep and vinegar, so far I've only damaged Windows PC hardware and OS software, which forced me to replace Windows 10 on my new HP laptop with openSUSE Linux (Yea, the wicked witch is dead!). This means it can serve my personal needs, and as my TI/Geneve hobby support PC/laptop.

That's it in a nutshell, and I do mean nutshell.

Bill R Sullivan (fdos)

• Like 4

Many TI'ers on the TI-99/4a Yahoo groups told me that this was a more active group when I complained about a lack of answers to my many questions. I've been an active TI'er since the day that I purchased a 99'er mag subscription at the same time I bought our first TI-99/4A for Christmas 1982 along with 6 modules, so we got the TI Speech Synthesizer for free (they sent 2, by mistake?). Added a PEB with 32K , RS-232 and 300 Baud modem, so we (I) could hang out on-line when I was at home. I traveled a lot during the 80's and 90's; domestic at first then International. Last International trip was May of 1999. I've been home alone since (long story and wrong forum).

I have close to a million TI/Geneve diskettes (only a slight exaggeration, I also believe that over 90% are still functional) ranging from 90K up to 1.44MB, along with MFM hard drives, SCSI tapes/cartridges/hard drives, and TI formatted IDE drives, also CF cards for NanoPEB/IDE and a few SD cards for SCSI.

In any case I've been away up until October last year due to medical reasons. I tried to come back for a short while over a year ago, but I was doing more damage to my hardware than good, so I silently went into hibernation, but now I'm back again full of pep and vinegar, so far I've only damaged Windows PC hardware and OS software, which forced me to replace Windows 10 on my new HP laptop with openSUSE Linux (Yea, the wicked witch is dead!). This means it can serve my personal needs, and as my TI/Geneve hobby support PC/laptop.

That's it in a nutshell, and I do mean nutshell.

Bill R Sullivan (fdos)

Welcome back Bill. I would like to ask a question concerning your disk collection. Would you, by any chance, have a set of the disks for the Foundation C/PM card? These would not be in TI format, but would be easy to copy with modern software. Some of us have the Foundation card but no longer have or never acquired the software. Thanks for any information you can give, good or bad.

Edited by RickyDean

Sorry, but the only Foundation card I have is their 128K card, and it has the Myarc DSR EPROMs, although I believe I still have the Foundation DSR EPROMs. I think I saw them a few months back as I rummage through all this antique computer hardware, from time to time, that still manages to work while my 5 year old ACER laptop dies a little more each time I try to recover some old software from it.

Bill R Sullivan (fdos)

Typed "TI-99/A" into a Google search last summer and a few links from atariage came up. Met up with Sparkdrummer whom hooked me up with a PEB (TI crack) and a few cool disks. Ever since I've been suffering from strange 1980s flashbacks and hallucinations involving the same themes, over and over: cosmic navigation, launching then drifting ever so slowly, avoiding evil protectors of stolen energy, and doing what I can to somehow assure my favorite newsletter author is recovered?

I know, weird, huh? Like a double-rainbow... I have no idea what it all means.

post-46538-0-32480700-1489456208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 3

Hello guys,

When searching with Google for TI-99/4a related topics discovering the two simple possibilities for 32 kRAM Expansion, large data storage for programs and printer access with the help of CF7+ and nanoPEB as well as the Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge from Gazoo (a few months ago I have found out that he had died before reaching the general retirement age (many regrets for his death and many condolences to his wife, relatives and good friends of him)) I had encountered this TI 99 4A forum.

Regards

Edited by MueThor

Hello guys,

When searching with Google for TI-99/4a related topics discovering the two simple possibilities for 32 kRAM Expansion, large data storage for programs and printer access with the help of CF7+ and nanoPEB as well as the Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge from Gazoo (a few months ago I have found out that he had died before reaching the general retirement age (many regrets for his death and many condolences to his wife, relatives and good friends of him)) I had encountered this TI 99 4A forum.

Regards

Yes, the Extended Basic 2.7 Suite is a great cartridge and it is available now. There is also a new cartridge getting real close to release called the FinalGROM99 that you might want to look into before purchasing.