IGNORED

SD2IEC - 13 BLOCKS FREE - NO LOADING ANYTHING

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I would like to ask for your help.

I have bought a SD2IEC (3 buttons version) and I tried to make it work with no success.

I inserted a 512MB SD CARD (but I also tried with 64GB Card) but everytime I try to load anything, I got red led blinking and nothing more.

Studying the errors: 62 FILE NOT FOUND.

When I "LOAD"$",8" without the SD CARD, on LIST I have a label with written "1 EEPROMFS" and right below: "13 BLOCKS FREE". Nothing more.
If I try to LOAD "$",8 with the SD CARD inserted, I get the same result. As the SD2IEC could not read any of my SD CARD (of they are perfectly readable: on the root I have FB FB64.d64 and the a sub directory DISK with all my D64 programs.

SO, what should I do? I can't find any solution...

Please, help me if you have some ideas...

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Stefano

• 2 weeks later...

Not correct. You can definitely list the contents of the FAT formatted SD card. However in this case it sounds like the SD connector doesn't attach to the circuit board or something else that prevents the device from noticing a card has been inserted. I believe FAT32 should work as well as older FAT.

Perhaps you should try to use a SD Formatter first, to make sure the card is cleanly formatted: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I remember similar software was used to toggle bootable bits on SD cards, USB sticks etc, properties you normally can't access with built in Windows format tooks.

If you keep having trouble, I suggest contacting the party where you bought it, as it is possible you got a faulty unit.