IGNORED

ParaJVE - another bug

Tangentg

I mentioned how you only see 1 digit for the 2nd player in Space Wars before, and the developer knows that pacman clone doesn't run properly.

But I found another bug that was probably missed by the developer: In Star Castle, I realized on the Vectrex, the shields are brighter/thicker after they've been hit once. On the emulator, that doesn't happen, presumably because in the settings, it defines only a set brightness/thickness for all vectors.

it's a shame that Space War and Star Castle suffer from these bugs cause those are 2 of my favourite Vectrex games and the emulator is otherwise so cool with the authentic flickering, wobbling, glowing, and afterimage effects.

Franck, the author of ParaJVE had been open to suggestions and nice to communicate with when I contacted him years ago.

Please contact Franck (parabellum) and point him to this brightness defect. Alternatively, you can post here and I'll can contact him.

• Like 1

ParaJVE hasn't been updated in 6 years, might be time to move on. The emulator in VIDE ( http://vide.malban.de/download) can be kind of slow if you don't have the most modern hardware but at least Chris updates it and it has several modes and options which can give you more speed or accuracy depending on your needs :)

note it is meant as a development environment so you only need to mess with Tools->Starter to launch games (it comes with a fair amount of them!) and Tools->Configuration to set options of the emulator (protip: change from default.vsv to perfomance.vsv in top dropdown menu if gameplay is too slow, you can add features back after that to find a happy medium)

For the author of ParaJVE, I'd like to have him know that one of the digits gets outside of the screen in Space War too so there's no way to tell how many bullets Player 2 has.

And since using ParaJVE I've gotten picky with Vectrex emulators so unless it can do everything ParaJVE can (the overlays, the flickering, the glowing effect, the afterimage effect, fully customanizable controls), I'm not sure about VIDE. Plus, I don't think I have the best hardware so it'll probably be very slow.