IGNORED

Getting A8 Online with Lantronix and 850 Interface

The 850 pinouts - post-26063-0-37520100-1358220478.jpg

The RS232 - rs232-pinout-db9-dte-db25-dce.gif

Guys, I am still working on my mss100.

It is not passing anything to the serial device after a signal has been dropped. (The telnet user disconnects).

I have an mss100->gender changer->atari terminal cable->850

It is a bad mss100 or could it be a bad cable?

I traced the pins on my terminal cable and nothing seems to match up to the above pinouts. Here is how my cable is wired up.

Db9. Db25

Pin# 1------->pin #5

Pin# 2------->pin#4

Pin# 3------->pin#3

Pin# 4------->pin#2

Pin# 5------->pin#6

Pin# 6------->pin#20

Pin# 7------->pin#7

Pin# 8------->no pin connection

Pin# 9------->no pin connection

Also inside the cable there are two wires it connected to any pin on the db25 side.

Any help appreciated

I have an mss100->gender changer->atari terminal cable->850

I have the same basic setup but with a P:R:Connection. Works great. Hard to say what’s happening with yours. Did you make you own cable or are you using the Atari Terminal Cable?

I have the same basic setup but with a P:R:Connection. Works great. Hard to say what’s happening with yours. Did you make you own cable or are you using the Atari Terminal Cable?

Using a cx-88 atari cable

It works great but on the bbs I am testing if someone disconnects the mss100 doesn't tell the bbs anyone disconnected. That's where my issue is.

I jumpered one of the wires in the db9 end of the cable and it works. I really wonder if my "terminal" cable was wired up as a modem cable. But for now it is working. Now if I could only get Express to start sending the "press return" without the connecting party to hit it first I will be golden.

Edited by moonlight_mile

The problem with some "terminal cables" and some null modem adapters is that they take the shortcut of not wiring things that they feel the terminals didn't need.

When I tried using TCPSER and the Commodore BBS server, I wired up my own cable (the Jim Brain version) and it seemed to work better for that (I never tried it on my ST BBS, since I used a regular modem cable with a radio shack null adapter, which apparently is better than most null adapters).

The real issue is that some BBS software needs those lines that aren't always hooked up, and some don't.

Now do you have it working the way you like? Or are you still having issues?

(My next cabling project is to design some way for me to use port 2 so I can go 56k again on my BBS, but somehow fool it into thinking that port one DCD line is high so that Space Empire Elite still works.

The problem with some "terminal cables" and some null modem adapters is that they take the shortcut of not wiring things that they feel the terminals didn't need.

When I tried using TCPSER and the Commodore BBS server, I wired up my own cable (the Jim Brain version) and it seemed to work better for that (I never tried it on my ST BBS, since I used a regular modem cable with a radio shack null adapter, which apparently is better than most null adapters).

The real issue is that some BBS software needs those lines that aren't always hooked up, and some don't.

Now do you have it working the way you like? Or are you still having issues?

(My next cabling project is to design some way for me to use port 2 so I can go 56k again on my BBS, but somehow fool it into thinking that port one DCD line is high so that Space Empire Elite still works.

Yup it is working like a charm. Just gotta figure out how to get the bbs to start as soon as it connects without the user hitting return a few times. Not exactly sure how or what I can do about that.

Yup it is working like a charm. Just gotta figure out how to get the bbs to start as soon as it connects without the user hitting return a few times. Not exactly sure how or what I can do about that.

I would have to say that's an Express problem as neither one of my BBS's do that.