IGNORED

So I watched Robocop 2 last night

Got the new Shout! blu ray, watched it last night. Seen in the arcade in the movie (where Robocop asks "isn't it a school night?") are many arcade cabs:

Kung Fu Master

Midnight Resistance

Sly Spy

Vigilante

Heavy Barrel

Real Ghostbusters

Hippodrome

Bad Dudes

Slap Shot

Super Volleyball

What do these games have in common?

What does that have to do with Robocop?

(not much of a trivia Q as it is pretty obvious but something compelled me to make a list of the games--some seen only for a second--so I have to do something with the "knowledge"! :) )

Also seen in the back of the arcade are four or five more cabs that are busted up, one an Asteroids machine. Couldn't recognize the rest.

Good movie...not as good as 1 though.

• Like 1

Got the new Shout! blu ray, watched it last night. Seen in the arcade in the movie (where Robocop asks "isn't it a school night?") are many arcade cabs:

Kung Fu Master

Midnight Resistance

Sly Spy

Vigilante

Heavy Barrel

Real Ghostbusters

Hippodrome

Bad Dudes

Slap Shot

Super Volleyball

What do these games have in common?

What does that have to do with Robocop?

(not much of a trivia Q as it is pretty obvious but something compelled me to make a list of the games--some seen only for a second--so I have to do something with the "knowledge"! :) )

Also seen in the back of the arcade are four or five more cabs that are busted up, one an Asteroids machine. Couldn't recognize the rest.

Good movie...not as good as 1 though.

God awful movie, certainly not Frank Miller's best work, but at least it was better than 3. Haven't watched it in years as it hurts my soul too much. Might have liked it better if Robo had overridden his programming and shot that little twerp kid.

Nah, still would have been crap. The original is one of my all time favorite movies, right up there with Back to the Future.

God awful movie, certainly not Frank Miller's best work, but at least it was better than 3. Haven't watched it in years as it hurts my soul too much. Might have liked it better if Robo had overridden his programming and shot that little twerp kid.

Nah, still would have been crap. The original is one of my all time favorite movies, right up there with Back to the Future.

:-D I have the blu of 3 too! Figure to watch it this weekend.

Robocop 1 is great, can't believe I slept on it for so long. It has the highly politicized dystopian feel of the Bachman Books (Running Man and Roadwork I'm thinking of) with a focus on workers' rights, shattered communities, the environment etc. The scene where the guy melts after slamming into the vat of toxic waste is some A+ body horror.

Haven't seen much of two. The baseball team scene is disturbing.

Robocop 1 is great, can't believe I slept on it for so long. It has the highly politicized dystopian feel of the Bachman Books (Running Man and Roadwork I'm thinking of) with a focus on workers' rights, shattered communities, the environment etc. The scene where the guy melts after slamming into the vat of toxic waste is some A+ body horror.

Haven't seen much of two. The baseball team scene is disturbing.

Best scene, best character (Red Forman)

The scene where the guy melts after slamming into the vat of toxic waste is some A+ body horror.

Ha, I remember back in the 80s we had a copy of Robocop on VHS and we'd always pause it on this scene and step frame by frame through it. I got a kick out of seeing the freeze frame of the prop that is supposed to be the melting guy just before the car smashes into him.

PS--the Robocop arcade game is bloody horrible. I didn't care much for it when it came out, but for some reason I can't quite articulate, I forced myself to play through the whole thing on MAME a year or so ago and it is just... so cheap and bad.

Spoke a little about RoboCop in depth with actress Nancy Allen(aka Officer Lewis) on my radio show recently...

I even used a bit of sound FX from the RoboCop NES game during my broadcast. Tried playing the NES game recently and it was boring lol.

• Like 1