IGNORED

Apple IIe Data Acquisition box

Nebulon

http://psasir.upm.edu.my/3540/1/Microcomputer-Based_Data_Acquisition.pdf

Evidently it was designed to attach to a running tractor to observe fuel consumption, rotation speed, and other data.

Holy smokes! I never would have guessed that's what it was for.

Thanks for finding that info.

Maybe NASA put one on a ship and attach it to a rover :-D First Apple IIe in space (unless that's already been done...).

• Like 1

Holy smokes! I never would have guessed that's what it was for.

Thanks for finding that info.

Maybe NASA put one on a ship and attach it to a rover icon_biggrin.gif First Apple IIe in space (unless that's already been done...).

Honestly, this sounds so custom. I'm willing to bet that you have the exact IIe that was used in that research experiment.

Maybe NASA put one on a ship and attach it to a rover :-D First Apple IIe in space (unless that's already been done...).

Not quite that. But the Cassini spacecraft trajectories were first explored with an Apple II. Many scenarios were vetted prior to launch. All done in Applesoft Basic.

• Like 1

Not quite that. But the Cassini spacecraft trajectories were first explored with an Apple II. Many scenarios were vetted prior to launch. All done in Applesoft Basic.

I'm thinking Kirk and Spock should have ordered up an Apple II to make communicating with V'ger easier (and a whole lot more fun!)