IGNORED

Knockoffs?

You know it just crossed my mind being on this site, isn't that the same general controller port pin layout you see on the 2600, Sega Genesis, etc? I wonder if those dumb controllers could be used elsewhere.

Yes but as mentioned before on page 1 its probably famicom clone controllers. The one I have does not work on 2600.

The Yobo/Retron 1 NES clone has been around that price (shipped) for years... It's very low quality though, as you would expect.

Edited by R.Cade

As I mentioned earlier these are obvious counterfeits designed to decieve people looking for the NES Classic Mini. You'd be better off reporting them than buying them.

If you don't know how the (eBay/Amazon/AliExpress/etc) drop shipping scam works, it's these Chinese companies create a list of all the crap they can get greedy people to sell for them under a "drop shipping" scheme. The mark who creates the eBay listings tends to just copy-paste the same images and descriptions with little changes, and the items themselves they do not even have, hence they can't answer any questions about the items. For a few months or so the seller will just sell things that are low-risk until they get enough feedback to become a power seller. Once they are a power seller, they know they are difficult or impossible to take down (Literately the eBay policy is that you must contact power sellers before taking their items down, thus it's a huge pain in the ass for silver power sellers or higher.) The eBay power sellers all know this, because Chinese eBay staff tend to leak information to the power sellers to weasel around the infringement policies. Depending on what eBay staffer is working, some staff know what a fake item looks like, others just don't care and will find any reason to pull it down even if the item is legit. At any rate, what eventually happens is that the drop ship seller eventually gets swindled and these "Drop shippers" start sending out items that are so low in quality that the negative feedback piles up and they get booted off eBay if their feedback drops below 98% too long. This is why they beg you not to leave feedback no matter how poor the service or delivery time was.

So again, you're better off reporting the rubbish items than buying them, because eBay will eventually just remove them due to a VeRO report and you will get nothing.

I got one day 1..So I'm set

I want to get one to open it up & see what's inside it

If there's a Chip for the ROM or just a Cart Slot with a PCB with Games on it

cart slot would be cool. Then stick any cart in it. Or as I said before there is a case you can put your own PI into. Or this even though a tad expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megabit-NES-Included-Raspberry-Pi-3b-Case-PowerSupply-Mini-32gb-Ultra-HDMI-/172595674069?hash=item282f80fbd5:g:jDMAAOSwA3dYcVot

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Raspberry-Pi-3B-RetroPie-3D-Printed-MIni-NES-Case-DIY-/222457190813?hash=item33cb7b599d:g:cPwAAOSw2xRYeCLB

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-RetroPie-NES-Raspberry-Pi-3-Case-NES-Nintendo-/192140940718?hash=item2cbc7e15ae:g:pEoAAOSwB-1YwbfK

But its obviously a fake. No hdmi and 9 pin ports instead of classic wiimote ports.

For many people, what you said is Chinese to them. It looks like the NES mini, it is a NES Mini. TEchnical detail liek that it's hard to understand for most.

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1