IGNORED

Atari 130XE + Ultimate 1MB 2k14 + SIDE2 - how to configure?

Scyzor

So an old version of the loader, which I have on U1MB and Side2, can execute XEX files like UFlash but both have something missing that UFlash executed this way cannot see the FAT partition. Right?

I have got USB cable so I'm going to do that cheap version SIO2USB during the weekend.

Thanks for your help!

As usual, we might fall back on good old SIO. Do you have any SIO2xxx devices (SIO2PC, etc)?

So I have got that USB cable http://www.ebay.com/itm/301969270117?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITthen I have connected

GND to SIO Pin4

TXD to SIO Pin5

RXD to SIO Pin3

CTS to SIO Pin7

and I was using RespeQt on COM3 (1x speed) but bootin Atari with Option key on no matter what it goes into SELF TEST mode.

Any clue what is going on?

Thanks

So I have got that USB cable http://www.ebay.com/itm/301969270117?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITthen I have connected

GND to SIO Pin4

TXD to SIO Pin5

RXD to SIO Pin3

CTS to SIO Pin7

and I was using RespeQt on COM3 (1x speed) but bootin Atari with Option key on no matter what it goes into SELF TEST mode.

Any clue what is going on?

Thanks

Start with the basics: are you sure of the pin assignments? In other words, verify you're not looking at either the schematic or your own device with the pins mirrored.

Next - are you sure of the COM port assignment for the device? I don't use RespeQt under Windows other than recently to see if I could download and compile it, after moving over from my Mac. So confirm that Windows is in fact recognizing the FTDI interface as COM3.

Last - verify the handshaking protocol in RespeQt. Not every device uses the same protocol. For instance, my particular SIO2USB device uses DSR handshaking, or NONE (RespeQt handles it via software). Setting it to the wrong setting will fail every time. So try every setting and see how it goes.

Regarding PINs - I'm looking from the back side of the Atari. To be sure I have done it right I have followed directions from that video:

COM number is correct - I have checked that for sure :)

Regarding handshake I have tested only CTS and SOFTWARE. Will check other options during the weekend. Also I have found some description to switch TXD (to Pin 3) with RXD (to Pin 5) but I'm not sure about that.

• Like 1

That seems to be the situation. ;)

Here is my current status.

I was able to flash SIDE2 with latest firmware and SDX using SIO2PC-USB cable. From there I was able to flash U1MB with latest firmware as UFlash was able to recognize ROM files.

At that point all seems to be OK but I have few concerns:

- when I will start Atari it boots to SIDE Loader (SIDE2 switch is up and U1MB Boot to Loader is set to disabled). I have expected in that case to load SDX from U1MB not the SIDE Loader

- when I will load SIDE Loader from U1MB (press L) then SIDE Loader doesn't recognize any ATR file from CF card - can't even mount when PBI is enabled there.

Any thoughts on both cases? Should I upload new SDX to U1MB as well?