IGNORED

Cave Story+ coming to Switch (physical)

Rev

i'm mixed on it. I don't really need it, but if they did something special I'd consider it, and also it's just $30 so it would encourage more people to go physical I would hope since Nicalis is a smaller indie developer as it is. My problem is I have the original full 3D sleeve release of Cave Story for 3DS still and it's fantastic. Also, if you have PRIME that knock is down to $24 (20% off) which isn't bad at all either.

Edited by Tanooki

• 5 weeks later...

It was worth the $24 to get a physical copy. I already have it on Steam, but this version has a few extras. Hopefully it will have a full color nes style instruction manual like Binding of Isaac.

I figure buying these releases sends the message that we want physical versions as an option for future games.

• Like 1

That I do entirely agree with. I'm buying up anything Switch related I care to play that comes in non-digital format and have taken it to the point of even importing I Am Setuna to get a physical release of it. Showing the demand for this stuff will help bring more to market in general and specifically encourage small developers to get with a little publisher or even Nintendo to shovel their goods that way too which is a win for everyone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Screw with them, take it back and request a new one, not a resealed new one. :)

I've heard this before. Maybe someone can verify.

You could theoretically buy a sealed from gamestop. And while still at the cash register, ask to trade it in, and they would have to open it to even accept your trade.

If you took a sealed game to trade in at gamestop, they would have to open it up to sell it, and would just give you the used value because you didn't buy it from them.

What I was talking about is how they'll reseal used games they've personally used and sell them as new, just as they will take one copy from a store to let employees try them out to learn stuff to help customers, and then have the balls to sell it new to me and argue it's new -- despite the booklet/box usually put on display so it's all fingered up and the game obviously was tested out -- yet somehow to those crooks, that's new. Why no one has ever called them out on their crap legally is beyond me.

Picked up a copy of Cave Story+ today. Looking at the shrinkwrap on the game I highly suspect they resealed the damned thing. Yay gamestop. :roll:

In this case, probably not. Because of the extra materials in the launch copies (manual and CD), they used crappy looking shrinkwrap at the factory. I have a launch copy from Best Buy and saw numerous copies on launch day with the same crappy wrap at several other retailers.

Edited by bojay1997

In this case, probably not. Because of the extra materials in the launch copies (manual and CD), they used crappy looking shrinkwrap at the factory. I have a launch copy from Best Buy and saw numerous copies on launch day with the same crappy wrap at several other retailers.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday when I was out walking around and saw the same packaging at Best Buy myself.

Can't say I was expecting a CD in that packaging... first time I've seen a mini-cd included with a game. Oh well, nice to see at least they have a booklet. Those things have gone nearly extinct as of late.

I concur. Mine was of the cheap-wrap variety, so it likely came from the factory like this.