IGNORED

I need simple terminal program for an 800 to test with.

DavidMil

I need a simple terminal program to test half a dozen old modems to make sure they are working beyond the lights coming on.

Everything from a 830 to a Hayes 1200 Smartmodem. As usual I have forgotten way more than I remember. Any help would

be appreciated.

Thanks,

David Milsop

Kingwood, Texas

Bobterm, Flickerterm, and Ice-T are the three common ones. Keep in mind, all modems will require an "R:" handler (device driver in modern speak). I know the 1030 modem would load its own driver. I have never used an 830.

If you need a collection of drivers, I can provide them.

• Like 1

Bobterm, Flickerterm, and Ice-T are the three common ones. Keep in mind, all modems will require an "R:" handler (device driver in modern speak). I know the 1030 modem would load its own driver. I have never used an 830.

If you need a collection of drivers, I can provide them.

Bobterm and Ice-T are the two that I've read about on this site. Would you happen to have the programs or point me in the right direction.

Seems like a long time ago we had a program called Kermit too. Any idea what has happened to it?

Thanks,

David Milsop

Kingwood, Texas

Kermit, VT-100, Ascii Term, ANSI-Term, Chamelion, T-scope, it's endless.... Express 850 or one of it's flavours, XE term, A-modem 7.xx, Smart term, pocket term..this is all what popped into my head just this instant... there are many more.... name your poison,,

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

Kermit, VT-100, Ascii Term, ANSI-Term, Chamelion, T-scope, it's endless.... Express 850 or one of it's flavours, XE term, A-modem 7.xx, Smart term, pocket term..this is all what popped into my head just this instant... there are many more.... name your poison,,

How 'bout Bobterm? Would you mind posting that program for me? Failing that, I believe that we used to run Kermit on the old acoustical coupler (830).

Thanks,

David Milsop

Kingwood, Texas

bobterm.arc

k65v37.arc

kermit.arc

the last kermit in the list is for use with action cart. thats from palevich somewhere I have kermit with a runtime or some such but probably not easily dug up or worse so have at the stuff I just posted....

to be honest just about all the stuff is probably posted on AA or any of the better known file sites I hope this helps though

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1