IGNORED

Questions about selling my Jaguar stuff

Kung Fu Guy

Hi, i'm new but i've been lurking for about a week (thats when i decided to sell all of my jaguar stuff) and i found this forum is probably the best one for Jaguar stuff.

Well, anyways back to the point. I have a whole bunch of old video game magazines (Game Players to be specific) and i was wondering if i should try selling them on ebay cause collectors might be interested in the articles and codes and stuff, or just put them all together on one auction and say "video game magazines"?

My other main question was, does anyone here have experiance shipping outside of the US? (meaning ur based in the US shipping out of it, not that you already live in UK and have shipped to the UK), because right now i'm just shipping inside the US, but would like to open up my auctions to ppl abroad. So,...how do I do stuff like convert the money into US funds (does PayPal do it automatically?) and how do i ship it?

the reason i'll be ebay'ing all 15 of my games console and cd unit? well, lifes gettin harder and I need to pick up some money where I can (read: school tuition), not to mention my family bein strapped for cash as it is.

One more thing, in browsing through a lot of the threads here, I gotta say some of you are scary in the amount of knowledge in this system and its games.

thanks, and any help is appreciated!

No!!! Don't do it!!! :_( Trust me, if you sell all of your videogame stuff now, you'll be on Ebay in like a few years buying it all back! Have you tried to get student lones and the such? There are lots of options really, but I know from experience if you've always been in videogames that even thought you may get tired of them from time to time, you'll always go back to them. About the converting money funds on Ebay I have no clue sorry.

I'd be interested in old game magazines, what would you want for them?

As for Jaguar games, if they're complete, it's probably best to break up the harder to obtain ones and sell them seperate of the commons. The common ones, or ones in complete, or bad condidtion should be sold together. That useually pulls more money.

As for going out of country, it's a major pain in the arse, the only advce I could give is to place on the box that it's a gift rather than a price because it could have an export/import fee if not. I'd actually reccommmend against doing buisness outside of the country, I just find it not worth it.

My other main question was, does anyone here have experiance shipping outside of the US? (meaning ur based in the US shipping out of it, not that you already live in UK and have shipped to the UK), because right now i'm just shipping inside the US, but would like to open up my auctions to ppl abroad.  So,...how do I do stuff like convert the money into US funds (does PayPal do it automatically?) and how do i ship it?

Being a UK person, I'd say that was very admirable :) Paypal converts to US funds automatically, or you can ask them to send cash via registered mail at their own risk. I've found that works fine for my purchases from abroad ($100 got there safely, just get them to insure it for twice as much as it's worth to save on hassle if it never gets there). UK people can get US$ at a Post Office at good rates, and commission-free, on any amount. So I'd say that's the easiest - no bank fees etc.

One more thing, in browsing through a lot of the threads here, I gotta say some of you are scary in the amount of knowledge in this system and its games.

We try :D Good luck on your tuition.

Stone

No!!! Don't do it!!!  Trust me, if you sell all of your videogame stuff now, you'll be on Ebay in like a few years buying it all back!
hehe, that's why i'm still hanging onto the games i really liked (Doom, AvsP, Tempest 2000) but most of these games I wont really want to play again (for example I-War).

I'm also hanging onto just about all of my snes and nes stuff cuz thats what i grew up on :)

at least i got all the boxes for everything (although a few of them for the games are beat-up) with instruction manuels.

as for the magazines. well i really have no idea what to ask for them or what they're worth. I do have game players mags from like late 94 all the way through mid-97, so there's all the hype articles and stuff in there with reviews of the games. And i got one EGM mag from '96 with 15 pages of jag stuff (strategies on Doom, Rayman, and Bruce Lee Story)

Going through the old magazines, it is fun looking for the hot anticipated technology that just never came out. One example would be the virtual reality buzz when they were expecting to have like marketable headsets by '99. then they came out with virtual gameboy and that was the end of it.

Well, thanks for all of the input guys, its much appreciated.

Archived