IGNORED

WTB: Atari 7800 Cartridge Port Guide Part

Skippy B. Coyote

So, my latest Atari 7800 ProSystem is having another issue and I think I'm going to need a replacement part to fix it. What happened is that I ended up getting one of the late model 7800s without the expansion port that has the notoriously "death grip" tight cartridge port guide. I was being pretty tolerant of the extra muscle that I had to put into it to make the cartridges go in until the thing literally broke the shell on my Pole Position II cart when I went to play it for this round of the Atari 7800 High Score Club.

After that I decided it was time to do something about the cartridge port guide, so I opened it up, removed the two screws holding the guide in place, then took it off and chopped off the sides like so (as recommended in several threads):

NrNzi3q.jpg

Cartridges go in easier now, but now they won't come out! I don't know what's getting caught up where now that the sides of the cartridge port guide have been cut away, but trying to remove a cartridge from the system now takes such incredible effort that I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the system's housing cracks from the pressure being put on it.

So, it's pretty clear that I need to get a new cartridge port guide and would greatly appreciate it if anyone might have a spare smoothly functioning Atari 7800 cartridge port guide they'd be willing to sell.

Edit: Post edited to remove excessive complaining about all the troubles I've had with Atari 7800 systems.

Edited by Jin