IGNORED

Intellivoice Home Brews

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/missiledomination

Checkout missile domination [also play it without Intellivoice]. I think it uses the GI allophones as opposed to the personalised speech that Mattel was using.

I thought someome figured out how to convert recorded speech to Intellivoice. Besides intellivoice I think someone has figured out how to get the sound chip to speak without taking up 100% of the cpu. There was an example in the programming forum but I can't find it.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

Checkout missile domination [also play it without Intellivoice]. I think it uses the GI allophones as opposed to the personalised speech that Mattel was using.

I thought someome figured out how to convert recorded speech to Intellivoice. Besides intellivoice I think someone has figured out how to get the sound chip to speak without taking up 100% of the cpu. There was an example in the programming forum but I can't find it.

Thanks! Definitely going to look into that. I love the sound of Intellivoice speech.

The following games must be used with or take advantage of the Intellivoice:

- Inty BASIC Showcase Volume 1

- Magic Carousel

- Missile Domination

- Same Game & Robots

- Space C*nt

Same Game & Robots in cart format is pretty hard to find now

p.s.: dudes, please don't start again the debate on what should be considered homebrew and what should not... ;)

Edited by intellivotion

p.s.: dudes, please don't start again the debate on what should be considered homebrew and what should not... ;)

You mean "Magic Carousal" and "Space C*nt". Since they were programmed at Mattel Electronics they would have used the speech lab there.

Edit: Speech in Space C*nt was just spliced out of a couple of existing voice games by the Mattel programmers.

Edited by mr_me

and because sometimes, but only sometimes, it's nice to slightly derail threads, the hombrews that require or take advantage of the ECS are:

- Flintstones Keyboard Fun
- Game Factory

- Number Jumble

- Space Patrol

- Super Pro NFL Football

I'm not sure this list is exhaustive

and because sometimes, but only sometimes, it's nice to slightly derail threads, the hombrews that require or take advantage of the ECS are:

- Game Factory

- Number Jumble

- Space Patrol

- Super Pro NFL Football

Desert Bus also uses the ECS for better music

Ultimate Pong can use the 3rd and 4th controllers of the ECS for 4 player Pong

• Like 2

- Game Factory

- Number Jumble

- Space Patrol

- Super Pro NFL Football

- Game Factory

- Number Jumble

- Super Pro NFL Football

The above were also programmed at Mattel Electronics.

"Number Jumble" doesn't require the ECS. Anyone know how or if it uses the ECS?

If you've got the ECS hooked up, you can use a "scratch pad" area to work out the answer to the more complicated math problems. You access it with the keyboard, but it's an optional feature.

• Like 2

- Game Factory

- Number Jumble

- Super Pro NFL Football

The above were also programmed at Mattel Electronics.

you deleted it from the list, but Space Patrol takes advantage of the ECS for the sound FXs:

http://spacepatrol.info/

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/spacepatrol/spacepatrol.php

• Like 1

The following games must be used with or take advantage of the Intellivoice:

- Inty BASIC Showcase Volume 1

- Magic Carousel

- Missile Domination

- Same Game & Robots

- Space C*nt

Same Game & Robots in cart format is pretty hard to find now

I definitely want Missile Domination. Missile command is one of my all time favs, and I had no idea it took advantage of the intellivoice. Cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Based on pioneering work by JoeZ and Artrag (and infrastructure code by Nanochess), I was able to get a sample to play at 2KHz and 4KHz from IntyBASIC code. Quality is not great and the space used in ROM is large. I think there is a "Yabba Dabba Doo" sample ROM posted here in the forums. If I can get the tooling in acceptable shape (it's a .NET console app) I will share it out late this year.