IGNORED

eBay items too cheap to believe... but on the level and a good deal.

Omega-TI

At the risk of sounding like a Trump-a-phile'....

I refuse to buy anything straight from any Asian countries. It really kills our local economies. Heck if I wasn't disabled and broke (financially....I guess I'm 'broke' in two ways!), I wouldn't buy anything online if I can find it here at a store.

Store? What is that?

I refuse to buy anything straight from any Asian countries. It really kills our local economies. Heck if I wasn't disabled and broke (financially....I guess I'm 'broke' in two ways!), I wouldn't buy anything online if I can find it here at a store.

Not me. Screw the middleman mark-up. Use Lowes for instance. They sell a $.20 coat hook for $3. I will always cut out the middle man. I could see your point if the shit being sold locally in stores wasn't made in China, but it is. I see no point in paying a mark-up to get the exact same item. The difference I pay less and wait a week longer.

• Like 2

At the risk of sounding like a Trump-a-phile'....

All you are doing is paying the middleman cause the people you are buying from? Odds are they are buying from the Asian countries and just marking it up for you to buy from them.

All you are doing is paying the middleman cause the people you are buying from? Odds are they are buying from the Asian countries and just marking it up for you to buy from them.

I understand that people, but it's local revenue that generates taxes that DIRECTLY affects the quality of life you,your friends and ESPECIALLY your family! You get what you pay for! I'll GLADLY pay the extra money to help everyone with their quality of life! It's a team effort! I don't have kids, but I want good schools. I don't drive, but I want good roads. etc.

Crap revenue=crap quality of ALL our lives! It's not that difficult to understand!

Do we want cheap warrantless shit from China, or a decent infrastructure?

I try to never speak for others, or try to influence their spending habits as it falls under the touchy subject heading of, "Other People's Money".

In the past couple of months I've bought more than a few high ticket items locally, but I refuse to feel compelled or shamed into wasting my money. Besides, for those who itemize on their taxes, they deduct sales tax over set ceiling anyway so it really does not matter past a certain point.

My thinking goes, if I have cash, would I buy an item with a credit card, just for the privilege of throwing away an extra 20% of my hard earned money? I don't think so. The same reasoning applies when I choose to bypass the middleman on less expensive items (that come from the same place anyway). Why? Because I can have it sent my house cheaper than the gas alone would be to drive to a store to pick one up at an inflated price... if they even had one in stock.

Speaking for myself only, every time I buy a cheap piece of dung from China without a warranty, I feel like I'm doing my bit to save the environment, and save money at the same time! ;) It also saves me time for other things... it's a win-win-win! :thumbsup:

I try to never speak for others, or try to influence their spending habits as it falls under the touchy subject heading of, "Other People's Money".

In the past couple of months I've bought more than a few high ticket items locally, but I refuse to feel compelled or shamed into wasting my money. Besides, for those who itemize on their taxes, they deduct sales tax over set ceiling anyway so it really does not matter past a certain point.

My thinking goes, if I have cash, would I buy an item with a credit card, just for the privilege of throwing away an extra 20% of my hard earned money? I don't think so. The same reasoning applies when I choose to bypass the middleman on less expensive items (that come from the same place anyway). Why? Because I can have it sent my house cheaper than the gas alone would be to drive to a store to pick one up at an inflated price... if they even had one in stock.

Speaking for myself only, every time I buy a cheap piece of dung from China without a warranty, I feel like I'm doing my bit to save the environment, and save money at the same time! ;) It also saves me time for other things... it's a win-win-win! :thumbsup:

Credit card companies are a whoooole different animal. We will never get our economy and infreastructures updated if the whole world thinks like that!

I mean it ain't ebay but...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ATARI-Promo-Nintendo-Atari-Sega-Playstation-Movie-Art-Wall-Decor-Fabric-Poster-P122/32698385637.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.5eg1gt

11.99 for a FABRIC poster. Not paper. Took a month to get here but the poster is great (quality wise, I understand some may no share my love of the art! :-D )

• Like 1