IGNORED

Atari Video Pinball C-380 graphics issue

landsmarra

I just know someone out there is gonna know the answer to this:

I just picked up a nice, complete woodgrain VP unit. The pinball games work great but the breakout-style games have a minor issue. On any of the games that have a rectangular paddle graphic, when I move the paddle back and forth, the paddle graphic gets distorted like "staticky" as the paddle moves back and forth. It generally doen't happen much if the paddle is moved slowly, just quickly. Thinking it could have been a dirty paddle pot, I opened up the unit and cleaned it out to no avail. Sorry if the description of the problem is tough to understand.

Could it be a bad chip somewhere?

Thanks.

I just know someone out there is gonna know the answer to this:

I just picked up a nice, complete woodgrain VP unit.  The pinball games work great but the breakout-style games have a minor issue.  On any of the games that have a rectangular paddle graphic, when I move the paddle back and forth, the paddle graphic gets distorted like "staticky" as the paddle moves back and forth.  It generally doen't happen much if the paddle is moved slowly, just quickly.  Thinking it could have been a dirty paddle pot, I opened up the unit and cleaned it out to no avail.  Sorry if the description of the problem is tough to understand.

Could it be a bad chip somewhere?

Thanks.

It does sounds like a dirty paddle pot - how did you clean it out? I can't imagine anything else causing that problem.

Archived