IGNORED

Time Pilot

MegaManFan

Is this game known to be incompatible with Atari 7800? I got a copy in the mail today and when it didn't work after repeated cleanings I became suspicious, so I put the 7800 away and stuck it in my VCS - it worked on the first try. :P D'oh!

Your contacts on the 7800 cart connector are the problem...I have Time Pilot...and play it frequently on my 7800.

But many other carts..I have to fiddle with..and put at odd angles...etc to make them come up because of the worn out cart connector on my 7800. I called Best about getting one once..and they do have them...but required me to order like a dozen of them?!

:roll:

I would ordinarily agree Crossbow, were it not for the fact I was just playing "This Planet Sucks" on it last night and needed no odd angles whatsoever, nor do I for all of the 7800 games I own. Then again I can never get Pitfall II to work in a 7800 and people swear to me that it does. :P

Pitfall 2 works in my 7800 just fine...with the music no less...

But then again, I also have one of the 84 model 7800s. But then, I didn't know this until I found this site and looked over the 7800 specs. I had been playing pitfall2 on my 7800 since I first picked it up back in 89 or so from some pawn shop.

But yes...Time Pilot works just fine on my 7800, so does pitfall2, and so does robot tank, shuttle, and I would imagine Decathalon would, had I had that cart to test.

Come to my little show in September...and you can see it for yourself....

;)

Oh...forgot to mention...that I have no problems with my 7800 games working in my 7800 unit. But the 2600 games that do give me problems are usually my Activision games. Activision carts have a thinner PCB than Atari made ones. Which, means that a 2600 or 7800 with worn contacts that are bent back a hair too far will have more difficulty reading and making contact with those carts...than others.

I don't have a micrometer on me...but I know this to be true...

I don’t have any problems with “Time Pilot” on the 7800 either but I seem to be one of the lucky ones with a model w/o significant compatibility issues. :D How does your 7800 handle “Robot Tank”?

Pitfall II works in my 7800, but you really got to cram Activision titles because they fit so tightly.

I loved Time Pilot on Colecovision. I wasn't aware it was out on the 2600 though, that's cool, I'll look into it.

MegaMan's Time Pilot is a cart I traded with him...

It worked fine on my 7800... of course, like most non-Atari carts, I had trouble fitting it in the slot.

For the record, I bought my 7800 in June of 1989 in Rapid City, SD...

Cheers!

Joey

My main 7800 is secondhand, and the person I got it from (Bivotar) probably got it secondhand too, so there's no way for me to know what year or BIOS it is. I do have a boxed 7800 tucked away "just in case" though that I know works, so at some point I could dig it out and see if Time Pilot works; which would either prove (A.) The connector is better or (B.) The one I normally use has some really funky-ass chipset. At this point who knows? :P It works on the VCS though, which goes down in my book as "good enough for me." :D

Archived