IGNORED

Sonic Mania Collector's Edition....for a digital release?

Rev

It's nothing new, they did this awhile back, other than it being back in stock meaning they made more of the things due to demand. I really can't support it nor agree with it. If you're going to go as far as make a trophy like that, put the damn game in the box. It's not asking too much. $70 just seems like a ripoff to me even given what there is in the package you can put your hands on.

Let's be realistic, this will hit every system and PC and looking at their history Android too. I'm perfectly fine with how Sega reacts to their products waiting a few months for a 33-50% off sale on Steam or on Android. If they want to cheapen and diminish the value of their IP by going ghetto rental with it, I see no reason to pay retail price. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Welp, I almost cancelled the order when I heard it wasn't going to be a physical disk, but then laziness and momentum took over.. and it remained ordered for months.

Anyway, holy crap.. I got this thing today. I was honestly expecting some tabletop 4" thingy but then this big ol box shows up on the doorstep. It's way bigger than I thought it was going to be, heck it's even a little bigger than a real Genesis! :lol: And then it has a friggin 12" Sonic standing on top. I got nowhere to put this thing. :P

B1jQFlD.jpg

Edited by NE146
  • Like 2

That assumes anyone bought these in any quantity, doesn't it?

If they sold out instantly then more was added to production afterwards I'd guess at least some people bought it. I'm glad I didn't if it didn't have the cartridge, so I'll just keep an eye on the thrift stores later this year. ;)

I ordered it almost a year ago on impulse without really knowing what it was. I have no idea how many were made although I do recall checking later and it was no longer available.

When I ordered it it was also to take advantage of the $46 price, although I had no idea it was pretty much fully for the sculpture. :lol:

Edited by NE146