IGNORED

Any Intellivision owners in NJ/PA/DE up for repairs?

SpotAnime

I recently got into Intellivision collecting, having picked up a lot of systems and games on Ebay and Craigslist, and filling in some gaps via individual trades here. It was my first true console as a child (my very first being the Magnavox Odyssey 300), so now having two working units (a 2609 MC and an Intv III) and all the games I loved as a kid brings back many wonderful memories. Not to mention the great community here of fans and homebrews.

Last night I picked up a lot on Craigslist of a 2609 in box with paperwork and a small allotment of titles CIB, as I wanted a spare 2609 as these are prone to issues over time. I was most excited that the box was in great condition, and it also included the original (I think these were original) canvas dust cover. And the MC itself was clean, so I didn't bother to test. My bad...

The unit itself is a BSOD. By researching here, it could be a variety of issues (PSU ribbon, cracked solder on the capacitors, bad RAM chips), but they all seem solvable so I'm ready to take the plunge and crack it open. But I'm not very good with a solder iron and a steady hand (although I am pretty good at Bomb Squad lol) and I'm afraid of doing some irreversible harm to an otherwise nice unit, so I'm looking to see if there are any Intellivision owners in the tri-state area experienced in repairs who wouldn't mind spending an afternoon and a few beers helping me out.

In the meantime, I do have two working units to keep me busy. Glad to be a proud member of the Intellivision club after a 30 year absence!

First of all, welcome back to the Intellivision.

As for your console, hopefully there is someone who can help. I would see if you can clean the console's cartridge slot with alcohol, if you think you can do that without bending the connector pins. It might not fix the problem but it is an easy first step. After that, maybe there is someone in the area to help out.

• Like 1

First of all, welcome back to the Intellivision.

As for your console, hopefully there is someone who can help. I would see if you can clean the console's cartridge slot with alcohol, if you think you can do that without bending the connector pins. It might not fix the problem but it is an easy first step. After that, maybe there is someone in the area to help out.

Yep, I cleaned it all out with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I'm a sticker for clean video games, I can't believe the treatment some of these get. But my next step was to get some contact cleaner and get inside it a little bit. Physically the MC was in great shape, but who knows what it went through the past 30 years.

http://classicgamejunkie.com/

If this store isn't too far from you then I recommend you give them a call.

Yes! I love that store. Great folks running it. I was thinking of taking it to them but didn't know if they handle Intellivision. I may try them this weekend if the contact cleaner doesn't solve the problem.