IGNORED

Star Alliance News

Starcat

Hi !

:D Yes, putting banners like "Goatstore" or "Songbird" onto buildings in the game could be a funny idea. However before anything like that happens, they or others that are interested need to agree and I also have to discuss that with the rest of the Star Alliance team.

to Dragonforce: I don't know where you could help in the star alliance project. Even for an experienced jag coder who has already done several projects it would probably take months to fully otherstand the code and to be able to actually improve it or help in the project, so I don't think you as a newcomer to the Jag could help me.

Regards, Lars.

oeehh...my english really sucks. :?

i want to help you, by buying youre starcat dev.cd and sending you money as an sponsor :D .

I cant work on an game like star allience :D.

ps. someone please? help? paypal account?

best regards,

Vyeyendra Ramnares

Dragonforce

Hi !

Oh, well that's fine then.

I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted to help with programming :D And that is of course not possible, because you don't know enough about jaguar programming yet to help me.

Regards, Lars.

Thunderbird wrote:

>Also, how do you accomplish that blurring distance effect?

>I think you could probably do some kind of fogging over

>distance with the Jag, but certainly not a blur. It looks like

>a depth-of-field effect.

I think it's a combination of soft-drawing- and vitesse-effects.

The objekt in the very front could be the original one. The objekts

behind could be textures - which carry these effects in different

strength - on simple upstanding square-shaped polygons.

The color-arrangement in this fixed-image is very cool.

Yes, I like it very much :)

To Lars:

the music will be finished very soon :D

To check out the progress on the music of star-alliance visit:

http://www.sulu-express.com

and enter the news section

Greetinx

Micky

That seems like a workable method for accomplishing the effect. With so many transparent objects, I always am concerned there might be some slowdown. If it works though it will be an original looking idea. Good luck with it!

Hello!

That seems like a workable method for accomplishing the effect. With so many transparent objects, I always am concerned there might be some slowdown. If it works though it will be an original looking idea. Good luck with it!

Hmm,

are you both talking about "theoretical possibilities"?

I have understood the "Star Alliance Concept Art" like this:

The big ship (which looks outstanding from the fleet: no antialiasing) is a Jaguar-sprite which is set in front of a pre-rendered background-object (showing the fleet of ships).

Matthias

Hello!

Hmm,

are you both talking about "theoretical possibilities"?

I have understood the "Star Alliance Concept Art" like this:

The big ship (which looks outstanding from the fleet: no antialiasing) is a Jaguar-sprite which is set in front of a pre-rendered background-object (showing the fleet of ships).

Matthias

I didn't see anywhere where this detailed description was given for the art. It just says "concept art", so I assumed this was the idea that was planned for the way the game ould look. I didn't see anything about what sprites were what and what was the background. I naturally assumed that the ships and lasers were supposed to be sprites and everything else was background.

I didn't see anywhere where this detailed description was given for the art. It just says "concept art", so I assumed this was the idea that was planned for the way the game ould look. I didn't see anything about what sprites were what and what was the background. I naturally assumed that the ships and lasers were supposed to be sprites and everything else was background.

I always took concept art to mean art trying to display a concept not what the final product would look like. EG for a film you may have several concept art pictures of the heros space suit, in the finished film it the suit may take aspects from the various different ideas presented in the concept art.

Archived