IGNORED

New Retron 1 HD Out...

Hyperkin and Yobo always have shit NOAC’s. Retro-bit is the only one of these companies that use decent ones. Retro-bit is coming out with their own HDMI version. If it uses the same NOAC as their their RES, Duo and Trio clones it's going to be the better option, although I'm sure it too will just be upscaled composite.

Edited by thecrypticodor

• 2 weeks later...

At first glance I was interested in getting one of these but after reading about the audio issues that put me off. While I'm not surprised a $40 unit isn't high quality what I am surprised is the expectation the community apparently has of them. Come on guys, this thing isn't marketed for us. It is marketed at the 35-50 somethings who want to desperately play Super Mario Bros. one last time before it collects dust in a closet. ;)

Oh and FYI, my RetroN5 is actually perfectly fine and does a fantastic job thank you very much. I did however put it back in its box all nice and neat because I rarely play those retro games on my living room TV. It is mostly either on my PSP or gaming computer upstairs until I can finish turning one of my PS4 kiosks in to a retro gaming hub. :D