IGNORED

Why The JAguar???

Willard

I personally like the my 3do better but the jag is a pretty good system, there is some fun games, but there could've been so much more. I personally would like to hear why people like it as much as they do and I dont want to hear "cause its atari" :roll: Some games that i wish it had though (if you care to hear it) are a good Double Dragon game, (like the snes version but better), Street Fighter 2, Lemmings, Batman&Robin(like genesis) MK2 or 3, sorry it has nothing to do with the topic but mayeb you programmers can make something like those games :)

Like what holy fluck said....it was good but i was looking at a list somewhere of all the games there were in development that made it market. I was like, "maybe if they released some of these jaguar woulda stayed alive a lot longer"

I liked the system for 2 or 3 games. My favorites were Doom, AvP, and Tempest 2000 and Theme Park. Theme park of course was like a pre-cursor for RollerCoaster Tycoon, so once that came out I stopped playing theme park. Blue thunder was a lot of fun but my disc cracked =(

It is all about the games. If only these games had been released initially with the system instead of later on in the development of the system, it might have been better supported and managed to gain some market share instead of having the other systems having more of the market.

I personally like the my 3do better but the jag is a pretty good system, there is some fun games, but there could've been so much more. I personally would like to hear why people like it as much as they do and I dont want to hear "cause its atari" :roll: Some games that i wish it had though (if you care to hear it) are a good Double Dragon game, (like the snes version but better), Street Fighter 2, Lemmings, Batman&Robin(like genesis) MK2 or 3, sorry it has nothing to do with the topic but mayeb you programmers can make something like those games :)

What games have you played on the Jaguar? Have you played Battlesphere, Hyperforce, Protector SE, AvP, Rayman (to name a few) yet?

Jason

I wanted a jag because I loved Atari, and Jag was just so awesome.

I bought and loved it mainly for Doom though. I think it's the best console version. Only wish it used the pro controller right.

Why do I still love the Jaguar? It's still Atari, and ther'es lots of games I still don't have that I'm looking for. Maybe eventually I'll get them all, except for the few that are severa hundred dollars at the moment.

What games have you played on the Jaguar?  Have you played Battlesphere, Hyperforce, Protector SE, AvP, Rayman (to name a few) yet?  

Jason

I've played Rayman and only think its average, i havent played the rest, and i dont think i will, for the price of those i can get some xbox or ps2 games. But I'm just saying from what i have played i like the 3do. I like the Shockwave 1+2, Wing Commander, Lemmings, SSF2T, and more. To me I like these more than my Jag games and I even have Tempest 2k

I also like illbleed more than any jaguar game made. The problem with the jaguar is that it released all its' stinkers first, and kept the good games in developement too long, of course they wouldn't look like good games if they hadn't been developed so long, i think atari got screwed either way. Atari should've released the system after quality titles were created, such as Skyhammer, Alien VS Predator, Doom, Battlesphere, Black ice/white noise, raiden, tempest 2k, breakout 2000.etc Even if the playstation and this were released at the same time, these games would've blown all the others away. If you look at the early playstation games, they look like poop. Atari should have waited longer.

-Is protector SE very fun? Im not very much into side scrolling space shooters, and the only reasion id buy it would be for its extra memory. Im just wondering if the game itself is very fun. Too bad there is no skyhammer SE!

I dont even know if those games were released with the jag it would've been a success. Marketing was not very good and the early ps games i thought were very good. MK3 was the big thing then and it was out first on the ps so that got alot of people (including me) as well as games like ridge racer, toh shin den and raiden project. I thought the early games looked pretty good. ALot of those jag games are for the older gamer and i dont really picture a kid begging his mom for a jag so he can play tempest, breakout or AVP over MK3 or Toh Shin den or RR. Am I right or wrong? :)

It was and is cool because it was truly a new thing at the time and one of a kind today. As far as I know the Jag is the most advance cartridge system to date, and the whole two 32 bit processors running together or 64 bit if you want to call it that was the best thing out at the time not counting the 3DO. Some of the games are truly unique and awesome. I mean AvP goes without saying. I still play Wolf 3D often. I'm going to pick up Doom one of these days. I own it on my Playstation, but I never played the Jag version. I agree with whoever said that 3DO was their favorite system. I love my 3DO. The 3DO had some really sweet titles in their library, plus the whole cd thing was awesome.

I wonder which system will last longer? The Jaguar with its cartridge based games or the PS systems with their CD players that might break down due to the motor. Myself I am glad that the Jaguar has no moving parts to wear down over time.

I wonder which system will last longer? The Jaguar with its cartridge based games or the PS systems with their CD players that might break down due to the motor. Myself I am glad that the Jaguar has no moving parts to wear down over time.

I had a playstation stop working because of the cd unit. I took apart the PSX and completely dismantled the cd unit. The problem was that the first-gen PSX consoles used cheap parts in the cd unit. A piece of plastic on the track wore down on one side causing the laser to tilt and thus not read cd's correctly. I cut a small piece of metal off a shield on a floppy disc and glued it onto the worn side of the piece of plastic which caused it to sit even. It worked great after that. I ended up getting a new one later on anyway. Usually if you find a PSX that can't read cd's anymore that is why. Since it's such an easy fix it's worth getting PSX unit's that can't read cd's off of e-bay for real cheap and applying this fix.

Actually I spaced on the N64. What "is" the difference between a cassette and cartridge? I always thought N64 games were cartridges. Also as a follow up question, how much more powerful is the N64 in comparison to the Jag?

Archived