IGNORED

Yooka-laylee

Video

Got this for ps4 but its multiplatform so I'll post this here

Anybody got it? I saw this at the store and picked it up. Its a platform game with a symbiotic main character. It reminds me of rare and banjo-kazooie, heck it might be the same people, lord knows Microsoft aren't using them.

You're a lizard and a bat. You can eat things to get powers, fly..er..float, unlock areas with sonic, and throw yourself through enemies and obstacles. And other stuff, I've only just gotten to the third world and judging by the loot count there are at least 5.

Anyhow bright colorful worlds and characters are well animated. Also nice humor but still kid safe. The worlds are huge and expandable, lots of loot to collect, and lots of upgrades to find or buy.

I've had the game for a week and it says I've played it 15 ish hours and gotten 45 pages and 480 quills so far.

Its nice to see games like this considering most of what I have tends to involve blowing someone's face off their skull lol.

I've seen it available digitally on Xbox One, but I haven't gotten it. I've seen several videos about it, though. It's a spiritual sequel to the Banjo-Kazooie series and I think there are some of the same people who worked on it so there are some similarities to those games. Girard the Completionist recently did a video on it, but don't remember all the specifics.

Got this for ps4 but its multiplatform so I'll post this here

You ignore the news on gaming pretty much entirely on the modern front I guess? I ignore a lot of it too, but yes your guess is right, the core creation team of Banjo Kazooie formed a team and made a copy-cat style game replacing bear n' bird with lizard and bat. It has all the same general features from the warbly vocals, overly colorful varied areas, a good set of control moves, and overkill collection.