IGNORED

LED Power Mod on Intellivision

DadsGlasses

I dunno where to solder it you just need to find a 5 volt source

If there is a 7805 in there you can use pin 3 of that and for a standard though hole led 330 to 1k ohm for the resistor

depending how bright the led is and how bright you want it, modern Lord's even low end ones can shoot out quite a bit of light compared to what they would have back then

Edited by Osgeld

Here's some schematics and the service manual. In addition to the 7805 regulator, the third pin on the 5pin ribbon power connector should be 5v, fourth should be ground.

http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/tech/master.html

https://console5.com/wiki/Intellivision

Edit: sorry, its the first pin on the ribbon cable (top) that is 5v. I misread the schematic.

Edited by mr_me

Finished this quick mod today.

I was planning on just placing a single led on the bottom portion of the case. My thought was that it would preserve the integrity of the upper case, and also help with future disassembly.

Unfortunately the overhang is just too deep, and the mod didn't suit my intended purpose. So I added a second led in the standard location by the power switch. I used amber leds to try and match the overall look of the console.

Thanks for all of the helpful advice. In this situation, the pros of the mod outweigh the cons of messing with a pure console case.

post-60056-0-37661500-1496790018_thumb.jpg

post-60056-0-07481100-1496790056_thumb.jpg