IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

There are more well established hardware and software engineers on AtariAge, than Atari could ever affort. Put the name in the right hands and stop it with these dumbass money grabbing attempts. Just give it to Albert, even that would be fine.

This is not a terrible idea. Not a perfect one, but It has its merits.

I still think one of the contributing factors has always been the dreamcade replay. They told those guys to screw off and shortly thereafter they start a big tease marketing push for their own version which they had little or nothing ready for. Now you know they will be watching the other guys to see what comes of it. I never expected either to go beyond a first production run via backer sales. Might be dreamcade's can work it into their product line for a year or two, but mainstream retail is not at all likely. As a result, any version of this approach just amounts to a kit box. I'd rather have the windows version. Any idiot can downgrade to Linux or dual boot it.

Sure, for 350 bucks you can get the Windows version that runs slower because you need an AV on it

There are more well established hardware and software engineers on AtariAge, than Atari could ever affort. Put the name in the right hands and stop it with these dumbass money grabbing attempts. Just give it to Albert, even that would be fine.

Since he got the Jag molds last time I think at the very least he should get the Atacobox renders this time. If history doesn't repeat itself exactly it could destroy the entire space-time continuum.

• Like 1

The heart of Atari is here.

Its lower entrails belong by name to something else.

I wonder if we could simply buy Atari then?

It can not be worth much? What if we all bought it out? What advantage would it be?

Licensing for products? Maybe these old brands will always be owned by clueless self absorbed Ftards.

At the end of the day it does not really matter. We all know the truth of the taco will prevail.

• Like 1

The heart of Atari is here.

Its lower entrails belong by name to something else.

I wonder if we could simply buy Atari then?

It can not be worth much? What if we all bought it out? What advantage would it be?

Licensing for products? Maybe these old brands will always be owned by clueless self absorbed Ftards.

At the end of the day it does not really matter. We all know the truth of the taco will prevail.

You must mean The heart of Atari is here as in "here" at AtariAge, and YES!!! I AGREE!!

Somehow I also agree The Truth of the Taco will prevail! Like a light in a path of darkness...The Taco is the Way...

The Force is Strong with this Taco...*

I also know that every time I say "ATARI" I am referring to PONG to JAGUAR ATARI...

I know there are other, Later variants (Infogrames, Hasbro, Atari SA in France, AtariInteractiveTacoCorp etc.,) and some put out some cool stuff like Greatest Hits packages or Flashback Memories or whatever way they come up with to say, "Buy Atari 2600 games for your _____" , But to Me, the Heart of ATARI is and will always be (The company/companies that existed from the time frames of) PONG to JAGUAR...

P.S. For some reason I kept writing. But, I really don't recommend reading the rest of this post. You could probably find something better to do. Maybe I should delete it or edit it ...Well just so nobody asks me any questions...

*I know people may assume I've been drinking, But actually I'm gonna blame the cough syrup and a lack of sleep on this one...It doesn't really do that much to keep one from coughing, but I feel like my brain is getting more bizarre by the minute. Just don't ask me to launch into one of my weird diatribes where I explain that (To Me Anyway) the "stick" in Pong is not really a ping PONG Paddle, I mean how could it be? No, this dream character lives in a black screen of video and thoroughly resembles a line on a highway at night and comes out of Dreams to move in 2 Dimensions (and Only in 2 directions (Up + Down) at that!) so he can hit that square ball across the line...Sorry if it doesn't seem like ping pong to me but rather its own experience, like an artist's interpretation of what started as (the essence of) ping pong but then went to a more surreal, though linear and mechanical place,...an interesting place.

• Like 1

I would put in $100 towards the purchase of the Atari name, if a collection were ever taken. I wouldn't even want anything other than the comfort of knowing that people who respect the legacy of Atari finally have the name to go with it.

No offense intended to Albert and the awesome job he did creating the Atariage community, but wouldn't it be awesome to have the classic Atari name and logo on the homebrews that AA cranks out?

'twould be a thing of beauty.

• Like 4

If Atari were so intent on making hardware again, they should flex the one muscle that's actually strengthened over the past decade... the flashbacks. Release the next Flashback with an online store or cart port or SD slot. No, I don't think it'd be a great idea, but it's a heck of a lot closer to reality than a $300 render.

Agreed. Atari wants to build up their brand cache? Stop ignoring your hardcore audience. We are the ones that will evangelize for you if you put out a good product. Expand past the 2600 & Arcade platforms. Let us use original carts/controllers or images on an SD card. Stop aiming at the lowest common denominator.

• Like 5

If Atari would of listened to us, there won't be 166 pages of tacos and other silliness while Atari would sit around digging in their noses looking for gold. But instead, they chose to release a $300 fart.

Well, see, it's all market research. They have it, we don't. That's why one company says they'll never make a clone Atari because there's no money in it, and another is cranking out new flashbacks at $60 a pop, and a third thinks they can sell us a logo on a JPEG for $300.

But yeah, it's the stupid fanboys who don't know anything about business. That must be it.

• Like 2