IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Yes, but will they still respond if you dump your penny stocks?

Was that meant as a jab? :waving:

Atari stock is up +40% for the last 3 months, +135% for the last year.

The next 6 months should be very interesting as they release end of year #'s, news on all the projects they are currently involved in.

Example- they have a new TV show on the Discovery channel that released last fall- but it is overseas so many aren't aware of it.

https://www.codebreakershow.com/

The next 6 months should be very interesting as they release end of year #'s, news on all the projects they are currently involved in.

Example- they have a new TV show on the Discovery channel that released last fall- but it is overseas so many aren't aware of it.

https://www.codebreakershow.com/

I found a 20 in the wash yesterday, so I'm up over 150%. I hope you bought it after February 2014 when it last peaked anywhere near 72 cents a share. Over the medium term, it's totally tanked since it's last high of over 10 Euros prior to their last bankruptcy filing in '09. That's the thing about them penny stocks. Percentage-wise it can look like big gains, but with such low volume and value, it doesn't take much more than a gnat fart to loose huge also. They're still circling the drain. That little whimper at the end....that's their entire Ataribox marketing blitz and your 135% gain. After blowing their marketing hype campaign, I'm not sure how they get out of the dirt, let alone attempt to even begin climbing out of the ditch.

ataristock.jpg

• Like 8

That is incorrect. I have emailed various people at Atari and received responses on several occasions. Depending on who you write- and what the questions are of course.

Never did get a response on the extended January joke I emailed them in drunk frustration however. ;)

Just goes to show that they might be eager to respond if you are an investor with big bux in stocks, but neglecting and dismissive if you are an average Joe with a legitimate question, drunk or not.

This has only fueled my disregard for this company.

They're still circling the drain. After blowing their marketing hype campaign, I'm not sure how they get out of the dirt

Their #’s say otherwise. The box is only one of many projects. Stop looking behind... something something taco nacho..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Their #’s say otherwise. The box is only one of many projects. Stop looking behind... something something taco nacho..

How many is "many"?

From here, via Google translate:

Highlights of the first half ended September 30, 2017:

• Strong performance of RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch on mobile platforms
  • Strong growth in licensing activities, including Atari Flashback hardware product
  • Extension of the RollerCoaster Tycoon license until 2022
Projects in progress:
  • Development of new growth segments (not affecting the current year), including the Ataribox for which the new schedule will be announced as soon as possible
  • Continued developments Multimedia, TV Shows and Speaker Hats
  • Blockchain / Cryptocurrency: Finalization of a long-term license of Atari brand for profit a company of Blockchain / Cryptocurrency, allowing this company to create in the field of digital entertainment a platform with blockchain technology and a cryptocurrency called "Atari Token" trademark license in exchange for which Atari would receive free 15 % of the capital of this company and royalties
  • More generally, continuation of the strategy of valorization of the products and know-how by participations in exchange for a license of the mark Atari
Atari Group's 2017/2018 target is to focus on growth and improving profitability. In view of the first half results, the Group confirms this objective.
So... highlights were Roller Coaster Tycoon, and AtGames' Flashback. So... that's nice.
But what do they list as in progress? Let's take a look at their "many projects":
Well, the Ataribox's new schedule will be announced "soon". "As soon as possible", in fact. Soon, soon, soon!! Any day now!! Sooooooooooooooooooonnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And they're developing multimedia and TV stuff.
Like the aforementioned quiz show on Discovery's Science Channel in Europe:
ATARI: CODEBREAKER is a unique and exciting Q & A TV show designed for the Atari generation and their families. Designed for Discovery Science, the show TV will be themed science, in the broad sense.
Each episode of ATARI: CODEBREAKER has four rounds. During the first two, three players compete on a series of questions and answers in all areas of science: astronomy, geography, science of everyday life, and more generally all aspects of science. The top two then clash in the last two rounds, where they have to find the right combination to access Atari's vault and win the fabulous prizes.

Because if there's anything we need, it's more quiz shows. And as one of their most popular IPs ever, I'll bet Atari is just raking in money from selling Codebreaker T-shirts and coffee mugs! In fact, where do I buy one?

Oh right. Nowhere. But that's okay, because they aren't carrying the show in the U.S. anyway.

Guess the Pele TV thing didn't work out for them, either.

But at least development of the Speaker Hats continues! That's good news, because just as soon as a Battlezone one is available, I'll... oh, right.

And then they want to compete with Bitcoin, because yeah... that's a good idea. :roll:

So much awesome news, that one page can barely contain it all!

I still see nothing to convince me that Atari is anything but a flailing, tiny little company, hanging onto some old IPs they picked up cheap, desperately trying to cash in by pretending to be relevant in world that has long since passed them by.

But good luck with the stock and all that. Could become a collectors' item someday...

• Like 9

How many is "many"?

From here, via Google translate:

So... highlights were Roller Coaster Tycoon, and AtGames' Flashback. So... that's nice.
But what do they list as in progress? Let's take a look at their "many projects":
Well, the Ataribox's new schedule will be announced "soon". "As soon as possible", in fact. Soon, soon, soon!! Any day now!! Sooooooooooooooooooonnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And they're developing multimedia and TV stuff.
Like the aforementioned quiz show on Discovery's Science Channel in Europe:

Because if there's anything we need, it's more quiz shows. And as one of their most popular IPs ever, I'll bet Atari is just raking in money from selling Codebreaker T-shirts and coffee mugs! In fact, where do I buy one?

Oh right. Nowhere. But that's okay, because they aren't carrying the show in the U.S. anyway.

Guess the Pele TV thing didn't work out for them, either.

But at least development of the Speaker Hats continues! That's good news, because just as soon as a Battlezone one is available, I'll... oh, right.

And then they want to compete with Bitcoin, because yeah... that's a good idea. :roll:

So much awesome news, that one page can barely contain it all!

I still see nothing to convince me that Atari is anything but a flailing, tiny little company, hanging onto some old IPs they picked up cheap, desperately trying to cash in by pretending to be relevant in world that has long since passed them by.

But good luck with the stock and all that. Could become a collectors' item someday...

Ha, that stock is awesome looking! I kind of want one!

Was that meant as a jab? SmallWavingHappy.gif

No.

Your descriptions of the email exchanges that you've had with Atari so far have all included a mention of the fact that you hold stock in the company. Whether or not this is actually the case is something for which we have no evidence to the contrary because correspondence that isn't related to their stock hasn't been discussed, but for my question I'm sticking with what we've actually seen so far rather than notional communication.

So if you were to send them a message that didn't identify you as a stockholder and did so through channels available to the general public (since you indicated that you have internal contacts there), would you get a response to your question?

Boilerplate responses don't count. I'm talking about a response from an actual human being. And no loading the dice by writing a message gushing about how amazing the Ataribox is and you can't wait to play. I mean an enquiry made in a neutral tone requesting more information as to when they'll have something on the shelves.

BEGIN JAB:

How much is that in tacos?

END JAB

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 1

Which exchange rate are you using? Jack-in-the-Box, Del Taco, or Taco Bell?

Del Taco. They're my nearest local exchange and, conveniently, generally provide the best return on rate.

On a related note: I like to spread my currency investments against a basket of Tacocoin. I find that it helps to weather fluctuations in the market more successfully and makes me more handsome.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 3

I think if one is going to use tacos as an exchange rate for Ataribox, you have to pick the one that will go down okay but are more likely to give you gas and the feeling wanting to shart your pants faster (the analogy here is gain first then big loss). I don't eat fast food tacos, so you all will have to decide that one.

Big Kahuna Taco? That's that Hawaiian Taco joint, right?

Atari's "other projects" are essentially licensing deals or outsourcing projects, they are doing nothing innovative THEMSELVES, which in turn means we still have no reason to be confident in the Ataribox. To be blunt: this is not a company in a position to do what they claim to be doing, least of all in a crowded marketplace.

The Flashbacks are designed and built by AtGames, and I would strongly suggest it would be in AtGames' best interest to just buy out Atari entirely and do an end-run around the licensing hassle. Not that I think they would be he best thing for the Atari brand, but it illustrates that between the two, AtGames is the more valuable partner.

• Like 6

I found a 20 in the wash yesterday, so I'm up over 150%. I hope you bought it after February 2014 when it last peaked anywhere near 72 cents a share. Over the medium term, it's totally tanked since it's last high of over 10 Euros prior to their last bankruptcy filing in '09. That's the thing about them penny stocks. Percentage-wise it can look like big gains, but with such low volume and value, it doesn't take much more than a gnat fart to loose huge also. They're still circling the drain. That little whimper at the end....that's their entire Ataribox marketing blitz and your 135% gain. After blowing their marketing hype campaign, I'm not sure how they get out of the dirt, let alone attempt to even begin climbing out of the ditch.

ataristock.jpg

how do you compare Atari 2009 to Atari 2018? it's a joke?
inquire, to understand that Atari 2009 bankrupt and Atari 2018 debt free with a promising future: 0)

how do you compare Atari 2009 to Atari 2018? it's a joke?

inquire, to understand that Atari 2009 bankrupt and Atari 2018 debt free with a promising future: 0)

Having a balanced sheet is one thing, but the question relevant to this thread is: can Atari 2018 release a console? There is absolutely no indication they can, and every common sense analysis says absolutely no way. I don't think anyone here disagrees that Atari is in a great position to collect money for releasing phone games and slapping their name on hats, but that's never been the discussion in the first place.

• Like 2

Having a balanced sheet is one thing, but the question relevant to this thread is: can Atari 2018 release a console? There is absolutely no indication they can, and every common sense analysis says absolutely no way. I don't think anyone here disagrees that Atari is in a great position to collect money for releasing phone games and slapping their name on hats, but that's never been the discussion in the first place.

can Atari 2018 release a console?

absolutely yes, because Ataribox will be launched with Indigogo to see the potential of this console

Atari is not the only one involved, I think Sigfox is concerned
because Ataribox is not only games, but will be a connected object
to be continued

can Atari 2018 release a console?

absolutely yes, because Ataribox will be launched with Indigogo to see the potential of this console

Atari is not the only one involved, I think Sigfox is concerned

because Ataribox is not only games, but will be a connected object

to be continued

Wait a minute... you're saying that indiegogo makes the project MORE believable?

post-9942-0-01379500-1516475609.jpeg

• Like 11

Wait a minute... you're saying that indiegogo makes the project MORE believable?

attachicon.gif9D556013-9186-4E1B-9288-6E520F2F579F.jpeg

?? I did not say that

I said :

Ataribox will be launched with Indigogo to see the potential of this console

which means Indigogo will allow to see if Ataribox likes or not ( it avoids a commercial loss too heavy if with indigogo the product does not interest ) the CEO is very strategic

Atari at the launch will announce the company and person involved in the project, then we can judge

I think Sigfox is involved Yes