IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

@Historian,

Thanks for the explanation. That clears it up for me somewhat and removes some of their stink off you in my mind. :-D I'd still say they have a growing amount of stink on the gameband side of things, so I'd give that a wide berth.

I should also say that I'm a Gameband backer, so in that case I've personally got money on the line.

Lacking any pithy Ataribox comments to contribute right now, I thought I'd mention that we found a couple more varieties of El Yucateco hot sauces (the Caribbean and Chipotle) at the semi-local supermercado last night.

The Caribbean is... Kinda meh. Not bad, but also just not anything really outstanding. It's far more vinegary than their other sauces, and the slight carrot flavour doesn't really stand out as anything special. It might work well as a cooking sauce, though. We'll keep it around and eventually finish it off, but it's definitely not a go-to.

As for the Chipotle, it's pretty good. Doesn't have the heat of their habanero sauces (to be expected), but the spice is pretty reasonable. Not vinegary, which is a plus. Nice smoky flavour to it with definite chipotle taste. Pours thinner than their other sauces, but not in a watery way like Tabasco.

The only one of theirs we haven't tried at this point is the jalapeño. It looks as though the same supermercado may carry it but was out; will check again in a few days.

Lol penny stocks, etc.

• Like 1

I should also say that I'm a Gameband backer, so in that case I've personally got money on the line.

From what I gather, Fergal is a friend of yours correct? I think it might be in your best interest to come to terms with the fact that your friend is up to no good and is in way over his head. Perhaps you would be much better off not being associated with him for your own reputations sake. You lay with the dogs and you will catch fleas. Historian dude, you seem to mean well enough but your friend on the other hand does not, not even close. The facts as well as the majority of the public's perception (cause perception is reality) says Fergal and anything he touches is poison.

• Like 1

From what I gather, Fergal is a friend of yours correct? I think it might be in your best interest to come to terms with the fact that your friend is up to no good and is in way over his head. Perhaps you would be much better off not being associated with him for your own reputations sake. You lay with the dogs and you will catch fleas. Historian dude, you seem to mean well enough but your friend on the other hand does not, not even close. The facts as well as the majority of the public's perception (cause perception is reality) says Fergal and anything he touches is poison.

I can totally understand why you, or anyone, would feel that way. With things like this we are not seeing everything going on behind the scenes, and it doesn't help that they are not communicating either. At this time I still trust Feargal, he has earned that trust with me. The future remains unknown though and there is always the chance that my trust will be broken.

I can totally understand why you, or anyone, would feel that way. With things like this we are not seeing everything going on behind the scenes, and it doesn't help that they are not communicating either. At this time I still trust Feargal, he has earned that trust with me. The future remains unknown though and there is always the chance that my trust will be broken.

OK I'm very curious and would like to ask you what Feargal has done to earn your current trust in him ?

Has he delivered anything other than the Gameband for Minecraft ?

Edited by thetick1

Concerning Gameband: isn't it almost 2 weeks ago they promised to get the website up and offer more info "by the end of the week" or something along those lines?

It appears that both the Gameband and the AtariBox live in an alternate dimension where the perception of time itself is warped and distorted. We are but mere mortals and as such cannot comprehend these mysterious forces without going insane.

OK I'm very curious and would like to ask you what Feargal has done to earn your current trust in him ?

As I've said it's not easy to put in words. When he asks for advice, he listens. He may not always do as I suggest, but he has in some cases. Perhaps most importantly I don’t feel like he's lied to me and I haven't seen any action on his part that I would call "Shady".

Communication on projects is definitely not good. I've told him; others have told him, backers have told him. He knows, but it's still a struggle for them to get something out there.

Concerning Gameband: isn't it almost 2 weeks ago they promised to get the website up and offer more info "by the end of the week" or something along those lines?

It appears that both the Gameband and the AtariBox live in an alternate dimension where the perception of time itself is warped and distorted. We are but mere mortals and as such cannot comprehend these mysterious forces without going insane.

Yes, you are correct. But again, it's poor communication on their part. I expect something from Gameband soon, possibly as soon as today.

• Like 2

Yeah but, it's damn hard for me to give him the benefit of the doubt when he ignores advice from people to do what is patently obvious to every one of their backers and anyone with half a clue.

C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-E

Instead of telling potential customers about their plans for ataribox, and what the actual plan was,he proved himself to be a clown and confirmed he didn't have the goods.

Instead of telling excited and supportive backers on the watch what they're actually dealing with, he ignores them and now has to deal with an angry mob.

If there's some less sinister or less imcompetant reality going on behind the scenes, it matters not one iota. Perception is reality and the reality is they are crooks, incompetant or both.

• Like 5

My Apple watch 3 is waterproof and has GPS, I can make phone calls with it and Siri has a voice. Is this thing just a toy? I mean, who wants to play a game one handed on a 320 x 320 screen?

With a name like GAME-band I think it's pretty obvious it's just a toy and not a social media device like the Apple Watch line.

As I've said it's not easy to put in words. When he asks for advice, he listens. He may not always do as I suggest, but he has in some cases. Perhaps most importantly I don’t feel like he's lied to me and I haven't seen any action on his part that I would call "Shady".

Communication on projects is definitely not good. I've told him; others have told him, backers have told him. He knows, but it's still a struggle for them to get something out there.

Yes, you are correct. But again, it's poor communication on their part. I expect something from Gameband soon, possibly as soon as today.

So you honestly believe he's just that incompetent as a Project Manager? I've dealt with a lots of Project Managers over the the decades and have yet to experience such incompetence. I really have a hard time believing he is sincere. Good liars tend to CHOOSE when to lie so just because he never lied to you does not mean he doesn't have malice intent.

"Never attribute to malice what can not be attributed to stupidity" can only be applied a few times to the same person.... not over and over again. At some point it's more likely malice than stupidity (incompetence).

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 3