IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

In all honesty, I am trying to muster up the interest to write a reply to this announcement that has some degree of useful analysis... But I just can't.

Atariboxcorp, Inc. hasn't announced anything they haven't already shown, and they still don't have a product in a box ready to deliver to customers. And even if or when that product may be ready, it won't do anything that any number of other devices already on the market don't do.

Meanwhile, they're continuing to ride the coattails of Atari's past glory because they have absolutely no substance on which to build their own.

This is more or less exactly what was expected of them, right down to the continuing lack of an actual product to put on the market.

• Like 6

This is basically my AppleTV in a different shell. And my box is half the price of an Atari VCS.

When an Apple product looks like the value-packed alternative, you done goofed.

I got my AppleTV 4K for free, for pre-paying for a few months of DirecTV. :lol:

Yayy, more renders. I want to see someone make a rendered render of the "thing".

Pile of Very Crappy Software, coming right up.

• Like 2

Unpopular as it may be, I didn't expect them to show and they did so I will eat my words and say that I appreciate that. It sounds like they have prototypes of some flavor, so that's not a bad sign either, even if I won't go so far as to say that its a good sign and everything is going to be fine and dandy. There's an uphill battle and they haven't begun to convince us to hop on their side, but I'll wait and see.

As long as they don't ask for money before putting it in the hands of the industry/journalists/etc, I won't write them off. Of course, I still don't totally know what the box is supposed to do, why you should buy it, what's inside, yada yada yada. But I think a lot of us thought it was dead and it looks like it probably isn't. We can joke about it, make fun of it, crack wise, whatever. But it isn't a scam unless they take money and don't deliver and I think that's important to remember. What happens next?

I guess I go back to waiting.

• Like 2

I love the design, and I even like the new logo. The thing itself is still so utterly pointless though, and that ridiculous press release actually makes me hate it even more.

What a marvel of vacuous corporate-speak.

• Like 10

I know some of your mothers didn't give you enough attention as children, but it's ok to like things.

Liking things is A-OK in my book.

Being cynically marketed to by a company who views a community that I'm a part of as an open wallet to be emptied by way of playing the nostalgia card, however, is not.

• Like 10

It's also okay to have opinions, and not believe everything you hear from untrustworthy sources.

Do we really have to spell it out again?

Atari in 2018 is a brand custodian, with few assets and a tiny staff. They are a shadow of their former selves, and when they're not re-re-re-re-re-re-releasing 40-year-old games, they're a punchline for jokes about "old blocky games with poor graphics."

Also, Speaker Hat.

This is me right now

giphy.gif

• Like 8

I havent seen so much nagging since my last visit at the old folks home where the old ladies are nagging from morning to evening.

If you dont like the new Ataribox / Atari VCS then why are you here. Leave it for the people who are curious and excited about a new console.

This new product and the company makes you all so frustrated and bitter. And you still keep coming here and waste your valuable time with something you dont like and you dont want to support.

This reminds me of a skit from Louis CK named "Everything is amazing and nobody is happy".

All i read here in this Thread is "mimimimimimi". "The new name is stupid", "There are so less people working for this company" etc.

You guys are waiting for every new info from this company because you can not wait to start nagging. I think thats why you are here.

Actually, i like the style of the new console. I think the addition of the Retro Controller is great. And i do like the renaming. Its way much better than "Ataribox".

I think Microsoft was not any better with their huge Marketing Department with naming their new Console "Xbox X" or "Xbox One X" or whatever its called.

We will wait and see what happens the next months. My advice to you: If you dont like it, dont buy it.

And if you want to spend your lifetime in a Thread of a company and a product which you truly hate - thats your thing. Its not very smart but if its ok for you, its ok for me.

This Thread is very entertaining. Every new info is greeted with hate, nagging and frustration. But the bitterness of your experiences and expectations annoys me once in a while.

• Like 1

I havent seen so much nagging since my last visit at the old folks home where the old ladies are nagging from morning to evening.

If you dont like the new Ataribox / Atari VCS then why are you here. Leave it for the people who are curious and excited about a new console.

This new product and the company makes you all so frustrated and bitter. And you still keep coming here and waste your valuable time with something you dont like and you dont want to support.

This reminds me of a skit from Louis CK named "Everything is amazing and nobody is happy".

All i read here in this Thread is "mimimimimimi". "The new name is stupid", "There are so less people working for this company" etc.

You guys are waiting for every new info from this company because you can not wait to start nagging. I think thats why you are here.

Actually, i like the style of the new console. I think the addition of the Retro Controller is great. And i do like the renaming. Its way much better than "Ataribox".

I think Microsoft was not any better with their huge Marketing Department with naming their new Console "Xbox X" or "Xbox One X" or whatever its called.

We will wait and see what happens the next months. My advice to you: If you dont like it, dont buy it.

And if you want to spend your lifetime in a Thread of a company and a product which you truly hate - thats your thing. Its not very smart but if its ok for you, its ok for me.

This Thread is very entertaining. Every new info is greeted with hate, nagging and frustration. But the bitterness of your experiences and expectations annoys me once in a while.

I'm looking at a dude who needs some tacos right here.

• Like 8