IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

That is EXACTLY what Feargal did. The Atari box was his idea. He presented it, got it started. In Typical Chesnais fashion, he back stabbed Feargal, pushed him out and basically took what wasnt his and stole it.

Ive spoken with Feargal on this matter personally... last year.

I don't know all the details, but I mean it depends on what agreements they had. The idea to release a console that just runs linux isn't exactly unique. Not to mention, while it looks possible that Atari scammed us on the VCS, Fergal definitely scammed us on the Gameband.

• Like 1

You make it very difficult for us to say WE TOLD YOU SO when you're so nice about it.

Very true. Lodmot is not someone I would take any pleasure in knowing had lost his money. Now Mockduck on the other hand who acted as a pied piper for these guys and actively tried to silence dissent is a whole other matter.

• Like 4

I don't know all the details, but I mean it depends on what agreements they had. The idea to release a console that just runs linux isn't exactly unique. Not to mention, while it looks possible that Atari scammed us on the VCS, Fergal definitely scammed us on the Gameband.

As we said in the 80s, fer shure. A victory in this kind of suit doesn't determine good guys and bad guys, just who is found to be in breach of a (possibly poorly written) contract, or who has gained the sympathy of the judge/jury.

• Like 2

That is EXACTLY what Feargal did. The Atari box was his idea. He presented it, got it started. In Typical Chesnais fashion, he back stabbed Feargal, pushed him out and basically took what wasnt his and stole it.

In all honesty, calling it an idea is a bit of a stretch. Calling it a "Blockbuster Idea" is complete tripe. It was a poorly conceived, ill-defined linux box.

"well regarded executive in the tech industry" is vomitous.

giphy.gif

"So you're latest project is the GameBand. I hear you've had some delays and people are still waiting for those."

"Oh people will get them. Trust me."

• Like 2

...annnnd, if we're gonna get into some discussion about who stole what, I'd say the real injured party in all this was the Dreamcade Replay. They had fully functional ataribox prototypes out for reviews before this cavalcade of blithering morons came up with their unoriginal "blockbuster idea" to make a plastic box that resembled a 2600 and slap some mini pc board in it. A board they haven't even materialized to this day. These dips threaten legal action, pull the other outfit's ability to license the dried husk of an Atari back catalog and change their entire design, then proceed to sh!t the bed themselves.

sq0jhv5bwcjxelboebo2.jpg

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 11

Kongregate has a new digital game store, looks like a very slick version of Steam or GOG, and it's called Kartridge.

https://www.kartridge.com

If "Atari" were to partner with a forward-looking company like this, I'd take back some of the nasty things I said about them. They promised we'd be surprised by some of their developments. I don't believe them, but am always open to being proven wrong.

No plans for Linux support, so I guess not.

• Like 1

♪ There was an old man named Michael Kennedy,♪ he shipped magazines to Schenectady, then he tried to fool the community, poor old Michael Kennedy begin again... uh oops just singing a song ♪

Yea so i'm getting DejaVu, its like I had a dream where there was this guy... Kevtris who had designed like %90 of the retro VGS, *correction* coleco chameleon... *correction 2* snes jammed inside an atari jag shell, but was forced out, had someone take the work already done and then some guy named John Carlson had a gun put to his pet dog? and was forced to make a prototype video... allegedly

It was funny before because no one got hurt, money was returned, we had a few laughs and all that but this is a debacle, money will be wasted or at least exchanged in some sort of "settlement" leaving nothing but hey since the prototype already exists, they are just putting the finishing touches on it no worries eh? -_-

I can see it now... 1 year later good 'ol Fred S. alone in a warehouse frantically stuffing fairy beans and magic dust into atari woodgrain-esque shells then grabbing bubblewrap strewn about to shipping them off to backers hoping they won't make a fuss...

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 1

lol lol sincerely you really talk about anything

the Atari VCS idea does not come from the CEO or from Feargal.

the idea comes from Ron Dimant CEO of Virt-U

Atari has just intervened in the set thanks to its world famous brand

Woodgrain actually IS back; check these out (and they run Linux too!)

https://system76.com/desktops If you spec out their highest end system to the max, it costs 76 thousand dollars.... Granted, that's with 4 Titan V video cards, dual 1440p screens, 2tb of NVMe OS drive, 11TB of NVMe storage, 40TB of spindle Storage, dual 28 core CPUs, and 768gb of memory.

• Like 1

This delusional rant brought to you by Bermashave. The shave so close, you'll think you were lobotomized.

• Like 1

God, I've missed Max. :lol:

• Like 5

***NOTICE TO ATTORNEY REGARDING CIVIL CASE OPENING STATISTICAL ERROR CORRECTION: Notice to attorney Scott Robert Raber. The following case opening statistical information was erroneously selected/entered: Dollar Demand $977000000; County code New York;. The following correction(s) have been made to your case entry: the Dollar Demand has been modified to $977000; the County code has been modified to XX Out of U.S.;. (jgo)

-

-

$977000000 wow! that is a heap of tacos and future gofundmeoutofthismess donations... glad it was corrected to... $977000 WOW that is a heap of tacos

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 5

I kind of want this songafied, with a little "you are so dumb; really really dumb" mixed in.

• Like 1

so... how are those stocks treating you?

so... how are those stocks treating you?

down doobie doo down down

post-2410-0-55551500-1541163208_thumb.png

Note that the highest point was during the height of tulip fever cryptocurrency speculation, during which you could have sold rotten meat with the right buzzword on it.

I wonder if it would be better or worse for "Atari" if they went private? They would be better able to hide their obvious financial issues, but it would be more difficult to obtain other people's money.

• Like 6