IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Please tell us you’ve got some kind of vetting process. By all means give “Not Pitfall By Biff” a fair shake, but don’t sacrifice quality for quantity.  

As far as I'm concerned, KookyFrenchGuyAtari can have Biff and every game he makes, all to themselves.  Let them deal with him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Another Intellivision Amico E3 interview came out today with big game journalist Dean Takahashi.  Atari was mentioned a few times in the article.  :)

https://venturebeat.com/2019/06/21/intellivision-entertainment-prepares-for-its-rebirth-on-10-10-20/

And here is how you promote your upcoming console, with a clear and concise vision of who it's for and what it's supposed to do. The exclusive content appeals to me, I look forward to seeing what some of those games are.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

And here is how you promote your upcoming console, with a clear and concise vision of who it's for and what it's supposed to do. The exclusive content appeals to me, I look forward to seeing what some of those games are.

You need to have a clear and concise vision before you can share it. Atari does not.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

You need to have a clear and concise vision before you can share it. Atari does not.

They do have a vision of a sort, but it's simply $$$. So their pattern ends up like:

1) We need moar monies. Selling the company off to a buyer like Microsoft would be best!

2) Crowdfund a "console"

3) ?????????x10

4) Profit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Sigh

Atari sold off Battlezone in 2013. It’s in a much better place under Rebellion’s care. 

A trackball is not the same thing as a paddle, and a paddle shaped like a whiteboard marker is not the same thing as a dial-shaped paddle. 

I am beginning to understand how Fred and friends have separated some of these folks from their money. 

78AC9145-0457-484F-AB03-C8180343FBC9.png

4D540088-393C-4578-8933-08C18A8D8C96.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Sigh

Atari sold off Battlezone in 2013. It’s in a much better place under Rebellion’s care. 

A trackball is not the same thing as a paddle, and a paddle shaped like a whiteboard marker is not the same thing as a dial-shaped paddle. 

I am beginning to understand how Fred and friends have separated some of these folks from their money. 

78AC9145-0457-484F-AB03-C8180343FBC9.png

Ignorance is bliss. They probably didn't bat an eye at seeing Ms. Pac-Man on that CNET video, thinking that the IP also belongs to Atari ?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Please tell us you’ve got some kind of vetting process. By all means give “Not Pitfall By Biff” a fair shake, but don’t sacrifice quality for quantity. 

OF COURSE we do.  That was the entire theme throughout the interview.  QUALITY over quantity.  We hand pick each and every developer as we are the ones paying for the projects.  We have received hundreds of submissions from a lot of folks (Indie's and established)... but only a few cold submissions we picked up (and they are really special and great!).  But make no mistake.  Everything on the system goes through rigorous quality control... and if there is something we don't feel lives up to expectations... we will either give it more resources... or just cancel it.  We've already decided to shelve 4 of the 22 demo's from E3 as we don't feel the quality was up to par.  Money lost... but we don't care.

Also, remember that our core executive and creative team has been involved with the greatest game franchises of all time.  We're not guessing or hoping.  We all know what makes a great game... but even then... we do a TON of outside research and testing to ensure that we're all just drinking our own Kool-Aid.  :D

Every journalist and analyst who has seen and played the system at E3 has all walked away super impressed and says the games are really fun.  We can't wait to share this with the world.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Thanks!  We have a very precise timeline and marketing plan (created by the same women who launched the Wii, the DS and the Pokemon franchise in North America) that we are sticking with.  Even though we are still about 16 months out from launch. 

We are working on our next trailer now.  Will be out in July.  Will focus on our couch co-op for all skill levels and family friendly message as well as showing gameplay for the first time.

Can't wait for folks here to see it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

Things are even getting a bit ugly in the Atari Museum facebook group. Last night I responded to a post comparing the "haters" to flat earthers and moon landing deniers, but that whole thread has now been removed.

I wondered what happened to that thread, I responded on it too. It was posted by the resident VCShill, lol

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

We have a very precise timeline and marketing plan (created by the same women who launched the Wii, the DS and the Pokemon franchise in North America) 

The fact that you have someone who worked on those EXTREMELY high profile products on your team really gives me extra confidence in intellivision!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boxpressed said:

With Intellivision exclusively licensing some Atari games, we might be able to say in a year that the best new Atari games will be playable only on an Intellvision product. 

Yeah, like an inverted form of M Network games... :roll:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I know... but it still depresses me that Atari collapsed to the point where they sold it off like an old, unwanted sofa at a garage sale. (Battlezone is my all-time favorite arcade game. Still hoping to own one someday... then I'd be one up on Atari.)

• Like 4

OF COURSE we do.  That was the entire theme throughout the interview.  QUALITY over quantity. 

That's a lot better than Atari's approach of... uh... nothing over quantity?

We are working on our next trailer now.  Will be out in July.  Will focus on our couch co-op for all skill levels and family friendly message as well as showing gameplay for the first time.

I'd love to see a really-badly faked shot of someone playing 2600 Centipede with a generic X-box controller, throwing it down in frustration, then switching over to the Amico version.

A brief shot of someone eating a taco would also be acceptable.

• Like 8

Being able to play Battlezone is the only reason my Flashback 4 is around the house. I got the Flashback 8 Gold for the rest of the gems and I think it's great, but since they figured out that they couldn't keep Battlezone past the 4th iteration... 

1 hour ago, Raticon said:

Being able to play Battlezone is the only reason my Flashback 4 is around the house. I got the Flashback 8 Gold for the rest of the gems and I think it's great, but since they figured out that they couldn't keep Battlezone past the 4th iteration... 

Ah, but you can put it back on the Flashbacks that have an SDcard slot, specifically the 9 and the portable. Along with all the other non-Atari things that belong on the Real Atari VCS, such as Berzerk, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, and so many others. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

That's a lot better than Atari's approach of... uh... nothing over quantity?

I'd love to see a really-badly faked shot of someone playing 2600 Centipede with a generic X-box controller, throwing it down in frustration, then switching over to the Amico version.

A brief shot of someone eating a taco would also be acceptable.

tommy please, yes.

• Like 1

Honestly, at this point, aren't there just a handful of game properties the are supposedly owned by AtariSA that are worth anything? I mean ya got Asteroids, Centipede, Tempest and a few others that are worth a damn. Other outfits already own the other decent stuff. Let the rest burn. That's what fire sales are for.

• Like 1