IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

17 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

What an absolute dork that Andrew Werner brother is:

”Take your 35 year old cartridges and your heavy sixers and cram them up your ***es.” - on another post on Facebook

I don’t know what else I expect from someone with Pickle Rick as their profile photo.

Lol, omg.... That's the guy that apparently replied to a comment I left under Atari's latest post. I wasn't really trying to attack Atari, but I laid the law down and said I wasn't designing a game for their console anymore. I never got to read his response to me because apparently it was removed before I saw the notification. LOL! xD

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 2

We should be nice to them. It is rough being dragged through misinformation and for illustrative purposes posts. I'm sure if there were actual good regular updates they would be more positive and actually talk about, well Atari. New or old. But nope, instead they are negative and instead of be honest about the situation.

This is leading them to be more negative and focus on anyone who doesn't see everything as 100% rosey. This is leading them to change their locus of control. They are blaming others/us for the crappy way of how they've been treated by Atari. They don't want to admit that they backed this campaign. That their faith in Atari so far has got them nothing. They are triggered by the smallest of things (see Karl over a simple Star Wars comment).

Screenshot_20190904-215743_Facebook.thumb.jpg.31d17d91227e52ad2741900bffc0262a.jpgScreenshot_20190904-215154_Facebook.thumb.jpg.0fa395ec7f6d22b4022d87c4aaa0af4a.jpgScreenshot_20190904-213921_Facebook.thumb.jpg.dcaabf642ddba33ee8e388dfa835bf96.jpg 

Mention Star Wars 1983 this happens...

giphy.gif.b4b98cb8418823a272e0e03a6a33ce69.gif

Say you don't like how there are no games or that 100 old games that costs 10 cents each ($9.99) isn't enough. This is how they react.

167041550_giphy(1).gif.ac2f1f9da8f7a798617c53c07472d5a7.gif

Say something even a tiny bit critical and you are called gay in a mocking way. (That one owns share in Atari BTW hoping the great Atari will rise again). 

Screenshot_20190921-100625_Facebook.thumb.jpg.7433b5f79a7e985075061114a97a5e13.jpg

Mocking someone over sexual orientation isn't enough to get banned by Atari, but asking about games is. 

Its kind of sad. Wish I could send them a taco. Happy National Taco day!

20191004_185150.thumb.jpg.dc4deeb7a39a7df6f711728e8d440a83.jpg

1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

What an absolute dork that Andrew Werner brother is:

”Take your 35 year old cartridges and your heavy sixers and cram them up your ***es.” - on another post on Facebook

I don’t know what else I expect from someone with Pickle Rick as their profile photo.

He apparently does that stuff to make the others pigeons happy.  His admirer, Miguel praised him for his act of bravery and later posted that he didn't have the guts to do it.  Ermm....

Screenshot_20191004-210503_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

What other games have you previously programmed and for what consoles? 

I actually made a bunch of Atari 2600 games that you can find in my signature there, and I also made a smartphone game for Android/iOS. Game dev is mainly a hobby of mine, I don't do it full-time (though I'd love to XD). o u o

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Lodmot said:

I actually made a bunch of Atari 2600 games that you can find in my signature there, and I also made a smartphone game for Android/iOS. Game dev is mainly a hobby of mine, I don't do it full-time (though I'd love to XD). o u o

I have signatures turned off so I don't see them. I've not seen any of your work or talk of it previously being released. What is the IOS game you made? Got a link so I could try it out or video of the game play?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

I have signatures turned off so I don't see them. I've not seen any of your work or talk of it previously being released. What is the IOS game you made? Got a link so I could try it out or video of the game play?

Sure! The game is called Ballzerk. :3

Here's the link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ballzerk/id1381234873

My other Atari games are at www.megatoxic.com (thats my site). I did all of it myself really.

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lodmot said:

Sure! The game is called Ballzerk. :3

Here's the link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ballzerk/id1381234873

My other Atari games are at www.megatoxic.com (thats my site). I did all of it myself really.

That ballzerk game looks pretty good from the 2 videos I watched! The music in the game is well done too. The 2600 games (Bb I assume?) don't look to be as good as your IOS effort. If you are showing others in hope of getting them interested in your work I'd stick to showing off Ballzerk and not mention anything on the 2600 until you have something of the same quality of gameplay as that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

That ballzerk game looks pretty good from the 2 videos I watched! The music in the game is well done too. The 2600 games (Bb I assume?) don't look to be as good as your IOS effort. If you are showing others in hope of getting them interested in your work I'd stick to showing off Ballzerk and not mention anything on the 2600 until you have something of the same quality of gameplay as that. 

Thanks for the feedback dude! :3

Yeah, I agree that my Atari 2600 games are probably not the best to showcase. I really just felt like I needed content for the website, and that's what I had. Lol.

And yes, they were done in Visual bB. ;o

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

Thanks for the feedback dude! :3

Yeah, I agree that my Atari 2600 games are probably not the best to showcase. I really just felt like I needed content for the website, and that's what I had. Lol.

And yes, they were done in Visual bB. ;o

Quality over quantity all day long. Better to show one good game than a dozen not so good ones, trust me.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Quality over quantity all day long. Better to show one good game than a dozen not so good ones, trust me.

This must be Atari VCS' philosophy. Since they have no quality they have no games announced.

Yes yes I know there's Vault but I can buy that for $9.99 on my PC. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tickled_Pink said:

Hmmm ... a photo of a prototype board appears to have been released. Looks like it uses a Ryzen R1000 APU.

It's more powerful than a GameCube. That's good.

Only one problem-- the GameCube apparently has more RAM xD

That is unless of course the RAM chips are on the back...

Edited by Lodmot
  • Haha 1