IGNORED

Mame32 genre search field missing?

Matty42

Hey I previously had a version of mame32 some years ago which contained a genre category in the window which I found really useful for finding new roms I might like (eg brawler) I think it also came with cabinet artwork and a few other cool bits. These add on features seem to be missing from the one I have now. I'm really mentally impaired when it comes to anything like commands or configuring so I'm struggling to get my head round updating or adding lists to my mame. Can anyone please direct me to the version I need or give me a lesson on what I need to do to my version I have now?

Cheers grateful for your help

Hey fellas! Yes the version I have is Mameui 32bit version I'm used to calling it by the old name sorry. Mr Me I managed to find those files but I'm not sure where I copy them to or how I set them up in Mame? I haven't used a pc much in 10years so I'm a noob with stuff like this again. Can you explain how you did it please mate?

Edited by Matty42

Well, I didn't do anything with mame; I just looked at the files in a text editor. But I would suggest looking at the files in the mame directories and see if there is existing files in a similar format as those in the ui_files folder in the zip. You can also ask in the mame support forum. http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1