IGNORED

Want to Buy Sega 32X Darxide - Repro NTSC

Sunnyvale CA

A while ago some were selling repro's of Darxide on AtariAge that worked on NTSC. I don't want the original as there are <500 copies and they only play on PAL.

If you have one of these, I don't care if it is complete or what shape it is in. I just want to play it.

Or if you know someone that can make one, please let me know.

Here is the original thread.

I PM'ed the guy but looks like he hasn't been active in a while.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/207918-ntsc-patched-darxide-32x/

I'm seeing if I can make this now. I'm just going to do genesis real quick and toss in my tester board and see if it works. This will at least let me know if advanced copyright detection needs to be disabled. I can also look at 32x as well. I would sell this "genesis" cart only for $29.99 or w/ a box for $39.99 on my etsy. 32x might be $5 more depending on donor carts cost. I do have a few 32x games I have been saving to possibly make repros out of.

Ok this game does have region checking but not bad. I had to use a hex editor and edit the region but it didn't require a region bypass which is good. You interested? This is working on a genesis donor but I can toss it into a 32x donor and see what happens.

I made a nice genesis label. I vectored that Darxide and layered it on top of the label I designed. So when you look at his label is a block but mine has the blue lasers and everything in the background of the title, plus I kept the ships overlap into the 32x portion. I will post a pic in a few days. I got tight on supplies, thought I had more stuff to make labels with than I did. I expect Thursday to get what I need in and I will post a picture and add this to my etsy.

I spent way toooo much time making this LOL.

• 1 month later...

I'd buy this, but the purist in me wants it in a 32X shell. Is that an option?

The "purist" should want the megadrive one :)

I do have a 32x label and I do have some 32x games I could use as donors. I will toss one together and see how it works. I will assume for now the pin-outs on a 32x game are the same. I will likely charge like $5 more though as 32x games cost more than Genesis.

The "purist" should want the megadrive one :)

I do have a 32x label and I do have some 32x games I could use as donors. I will toss one together and see how it works. I will assume for now the pin-outs on a 32x game are the same. I will likely charge like $5 more though as 32x games cost more than Genesis.

Same pinout. 2 and 4mb eproms just drop in.

It's looks awesome! Now if it only had a case...

That's the problem and why they came in cardboard cases. it will squeeze into a Genesis tightly.

I actually just put it into a genesis EA Games case and it actually fits VERY well. Very snug and doesn't slide down.

When I say snug I mean from sliding down, it is still loose overall as if you had it opened and tipped over the cart would fall out in your hand, but closed it will stay in place well.

• 2 weeks later...