IGNORED

Atariage wont except my trivia!!!

Nall3k

I posted a trivia saying that Atari means in Japanese ''Prepare to be attacked!'' I got this info when I was doing a report on Nolan Bushnell. I would give u the site but u need a SCHOOL password.....Ill find a way to prove it.

You don't need to prove it. Most Atari historians know that Atari was the name that Nolan Bushnell used for his new company because it is a term used in the Japanese game of Go. It is equivalent to "check" in chess.

I posted a trivia saying that Atari means in Japanese ''Prepare to be attacked!'' I got this info when I was doing a report on Nolan Bushnell. I would give u the site but u need a SCHOOL password.....Ill find a way to prove it.

You have to realise that the Al's have a lot of Scans, Information and Trviai backpiled to about 1000 Files to upload to the site. You should have actually e-mail them if you had any problems, and not said it in the WRONG forum anyway. Atari means "Go" in english, and Atari is an ancient board Game of Japanese decent. If you have any problems, post it in the Website Comments Forum, PM Albert/Alex or E-mail them!

You have to realise that the Al's have a lot of Scans, Information and Trviai backpiled to about 1000 Files to upload to the site.

Yes, I am shoveling through all that now, and some of the most recent examples are all the magazine and comic scans that have gone online in the last week (I scanned most of those comics over a year ago!) Getting those done was a huge step in the right direction. :)

..Al

Atari means "Go" in english, and Atari is an ancient board Game of Japanese decent.

Umm, that's not quite true... (and it's "descent" by the way). "Atari" is not an ancient board game of Japanese descent, "Go" is an ancient board game of Chinese descent that also has strong roots in Japan. And "Atari" is a (Japanese) term used in the game of "Go". Like others have said, it is somewhat equivalent to the term "check" in chess (and "Sente", Nolan Bushnell's followup to Atari, comes from a term in go that is somewhat equivalent to "checkmate" in chess).

Archived