IGNORED

Call for (not so technical) questions -- Atari's product manager 1991-96

I just check Jerry Smith linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jerry-smith-atx/

He start at Apple, move to Atari and now work for company that back in 80s could not make anything more complicated than e.g. DB-9 connector :D and today same company make iPhones...

(if you open Atari ST from 1985. only thing that Foxconn made are connectors...)

• 4 weeks later...

I just check Jerry Smith linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jerry-smith-atx/

He start at Apple, move to Atari...

There is a hole in his linked-in profile of 6 years between Apple and Atari. What did he do in between? Was he already with Atari before 1991 in another position?

Apple: 1984-1985

Atari: 1991-1996

If not too late, a few I'd be curious about --

- Was there ever any serious discussion on making a faster but still low cost 'ST compatible' (i.e. cheaper than Mega STE but providing 16 or 32 mhz?) Why or Why not?

- What were some of the reasons TOS was developed/advanced so slowly?

- What were the factors in the decision that lead to making the Mega STE? (I saw in some old mags Atari was asking dealers if there was demand at first), and what was the target market for this computer vs. the TT?

- Were there any further revisions of the plain ST(e) up for discussion around the time of the Falcon?

- In retrospect, what should have Atari done better/differently with the TT and Falcon?