IGNORED

The Matrix is like the Jaguar

Gregory DG

Just saw the movie today... From what I got from it, the Matrix needs imperfection to survive. Much like the Jaguar's bugs were a part of it too.  :D  

(And didn't some programmers make use of the bugs?)

Are you sure it's a good idea to give away the plot of the movie in a public forum?

People get irate when you do that!

Are you sure it's a good idea to give away the plot of the movie in a public forum?

Sure, why not? It's not like I told everyone that Morpheus dies! Ooops! :D

well...i dont have to see that movie now. since i know what will happen.

thanx for telling everone what happens.

we really appreciate that...........................NOT.

Thanks Greg . . . .

. . . . Not for ruining the movie, I got my Atari times CD in the mail yesterday - very sweet collection. And since I don't have to see the Matrix sequel, it'll give me more time to view the classics.

J/K - I'm still going to see it. The 1st one was best after the about 40th time I saw it.

"That boy is about as sharp as a bag of wet hair!" - Foghorn Leghorn

Did I ruin the movie for people? No. Or did I...? Hmmm... There's really only one way to find out.

"No one can be told what the Matrix is. They must see it for themselves."

:D

"That boy is about as sharp as a bag of wet hair!" - Foghorn Leghorn

Did I ruin the movie for people? No. Or did I...? Hmmm... There's really only one way to find out.

"No one can be told what the Matrix is. They must see it for themselves."

:D

You didn't ruin it for me. I did not care for the first movie, and its the same for the new one.

You didn't ruin it for me. I did not care for the first movie, and its the same for the new one.

Why did you see the second one if you didn't like the first? (Or did I only read that in your post?)

As for the topic... Wouldn't it be fairly truthful to say that EVERY system has bugs in it? That no system is perfect because it was created by imperfect human being? That those who utilize that system must find a way to work around the bugs?

Just wondering... :dunce:

Why did you see the second one if you didn't like the first? (Or did I only read that in your post?)

Sorry, I should have said:

I did not care to see the first one, and I do not care to see the new one.

Greg, what I liked the most about this new Matrix movie is how we find out that Trinity is actually Neo's sister... and that the Matrix is actually running on an Atari 2600.

How could anyone not like The Matrix??? That I don't understand at all.

And Tbird, the whole thing about the Matrix being imperfect was revealed in the first movie - where Smith told Morpheus that the first Matrix was a utopia and failed - so no spoiler there.

Greg, what I liked the most about this new Matrix movie is how we find out that Trinity is actually Neo's sister... and that the Matrix is actually running on an Atari 2600.

Yeah, and on a Darth Vader model! How ironic is that!

How could anyone not like The Matrix??? That I don't understand at all.

And Tbird, the whole thing about the Matrix being imperfect was revealed in the first movie - where Smith told Morpheus that the first Matrix was a utopia and failed - so no spoiler there.

Ding Ding!

No real spoilers in this thread. Except that we learn that Bill Gates created the Matrix. Oops. Darn my loose lips. :D

Thank you Brian, this was indeed explained and revealed in the first film!

Greg, don't worry, you haven't spoiled a thing!

Anyway, saw the movie yesterday myself. I don't really know what to think of it myself ... At first sight, I think the fighting sequences just took too long this time (though they are a feast to the eyes) compared to the story telling parts ... Those sometimes went a bit to quickly for me to understand completely. But maybe that's what the creators want? Now you have to go see it again ...

I don't know, thought it was not bad. And I thought it was great it was so different from the first ... But at the end, I had a bit of a feeling like "okay, that's a bit too much for one time", you know ...

I hope it is one of those flicks that gets better everytime you see it ... Like Donnie Darko ;)

But I'm getting of topic here, sorry ... Go watch it and see for yourself ...

Greetz,

The first movie said there was only one flawed matrix... reloaded says there are six...

The fight scenes were gay, they started off with a gay pickup line, then the music began blaring. I almost thought the matrix reloaded is a mock of the matrix?

The jaguar has no flaws. Atari made the flaws themselves for a purpose. A flaw isnt a flaw if it was created not to be a flaw. Example- I make a awesome 3D game with solid-looking walls. If i made the game so you could walk through the walls, you'd think it was an error, but i actually created it that way...

I'm not following here, why did Atari made the flaws in the Jag?

I thought the fight sequences were really nice, and absolutely not "gay" ... But then again, since those techniques are used in almost every single movie these days, well, they aren't really that special anymore :(

Oh, and about your comment on the six flawed versions...Now, that is what they call a "spoiler" !!!

Greetz,

Fights scenes were gay??? what are you on crack, you cant see the work that went into them? I thought the fight scenes were amazing and some of the best i've seen in a movie, if you can find some better ones tell me cause i want to see it. I thought the fights scenes and special effects were what made the movie enjoyeable for me, i wasnt particularly enjoying the story. Somone said that the fights took too long, i wish it was longer, i didnt want the fight with the smiths to end. But anyway the jags flaws were bad games for the most part and i'm not gonna spend 200 bucks on a battlesphere or actually i'm not gonna spend more than probably 15 or 20 bucks on a jag game

Completely out of topic ... Since I didn't understand enough about the Matrix : Reloaded, I went searching some forums ... Now I really want to see this movie again.

I still don't understand why the wachowsky's had to make the fight scene's so long and the actual story so fast moving, but hey ...

For those interested, I've added a txt attachement (in a zip - txt is not supported) to this post ... This thing contains MAJOR SPOILERS, so beware ...

And now back to the Jag :D

Greetz,

matrix2_goodexplenation.zip

Now I really want to see this movie again.

This is so unfair. It's not even out here yet!

Damn precedent...it's all cos the production houses didn't want to print twice the number of copies of the films, so they shipped them over here when the USA was done with them...and it's STILL going on!

Bah. :x

It doesn't help that it comes out the day before my last exam either :mad:

Stone

I still don't understand why the wachowsky's had to make the fight scene's so long and the actual story so fast moving' date=' but hey ...

quote']

I really feel the fight scenes were by far the best part of the movie, i wish the one with the smiths never ended. Also i think the weapons fight in the palace was alot better than any gun fight. I'm not a big fan of gun fights, i mean how fun is it to watch someone get shot compared to a beautifully coreographed martial arts fight. The wachowskys made the fight scenes long because they are big fans of hong kong martial arts scnes, they said that Fist of Legend (with Jet Li) is one of their favorites and they are just paying homage to movies like that

Holy_fluck,

I agree with you, the fight scenes were breath taking in some parts (I loved the opening scene also) ... Butthat was not my point ... I think this time, the lenght of those scenes were a disadvantage over the story telling.

The thing I loved with the Matrix was that it was a great action pact film, AND it had a clever story. Reloaded also has a very clever story, but for me, after reading all the coments, it was a bit too clever for the time it took on screen. I thought the balance wasn't as good ...

Though admittedly, it makes you wanna see the flick again! And that might have been the point.

Anyway, I think this is a moviethat gets better everytime you see it!

cheers,

Archived