IGNORED

WANTED: 2600 or 7800 system. Cosmetic condition NOT an issue.

Good_Times

I've got a bunch of games on the way and I need something to PLAY them on! I've owned (just about?) all of the various models through the years and never really had a preference. (The classic woodgrain looks the coolest, but whatever works...)

For years a ratty old 7800 was my go-to unit and I never had trouble running 2600 games on it, but supposedly certain 2600 carts DON'T work on the 7800. (??)

I don't care if the system looks like a heap of shit, so long as it's RELIABLE. In fact, I'd PREFER it to be filthy/sticker-covered/etc. so that I can enjoy the whole restoration process once again -- removing the shell and soaking it in soap water, cleaning all the crevices with a toothbrush, blowing the cobwebs and Dorito crumbs from the interior, etc. :)

Thanks!

I have an extra Atari Jr. system if that works for you. Power adapter, tv connector, two controllers and paddles as well if you need them.

Not sure if I've ever heard the term 'Atari jr.', but sure, I don't care if it's known as the 'Atari Senior' so long as it runs games.

Got a pic?

Looking to sell or trade?

I've got numerous consoles prices unshipped as follows

4 switch console only 25 composite modded 50

6 switch 35 composite mod 60

add controllers and psu

2 working but ugly cx40 15 (includes a few cheap games)

2 3rd part nice 20 (includes a few more cheap games)

2 nice cx 40 25 (includes a bunch of games)

heavy sixer set up console, 1 cx 10, grey psu unmodded-80

av modded 7800 with 5 games (galaga, ms pacman, karateka, xevious, pole position 2) 2 proline joysticks 100

plus if you check my sale thread I have hundreds of games available starting at 50 cents

I've got numerous consoles prices unshipped as follows

4 switch console only 25 composite modded 50

6 switch 35 composite mod 60

add controllers and psu

2 working but ugly cx40 15 (includes a few cheap games)

2 3rd part nice 20 (includes a few more cheap games)

2 nice cx 40 25 (includes a bunch of games)

heavy sixer set up console, 1 cx 10, grey psu unmodded-80

av modded 7800 with 5 games (galaga, ms pacman, karateka, xevious, pole position 2) 2 proline joysticks 100

plus if you check my sale thread I have hundreds of games available starting at 50 cents

Thanks for the offer, but I'm having trouble deciphering some of the various lingo......"6 switch 35 composite"? "cx40 15"? "heavy six set up console"?

Sorry man, just not up on all this stuff, heh.....I know of the original woodgrain (the one we had when I was a kid), the later one with the smooth black front, and then we get to the 5200/7800, so far as I know. (?)

It means $35 for a 6 switch, or $60 for the same system, with a video modification.

Ohhh, right. "6 switch" meaning the woodgrain system, yeah?

I've heard a bit about the various 'modifications'. I think I'd prefer a straight up/unaltered console.

I looked up the 'Junior', not something I've seen much of. I think maybe one kid in my neighborhood had it.

There are 6 and 4 switch systems with woodgrain.

If you just want something cheap to play games on get his 4 switch for 25, those are woodgrain and look like what most people picture an "atari 2600" in their head. ;)

There are 6 and 4 switch systems with woodgrain.

post-61233-0-13809800-1499560856.gif

Feel like I knew this, way in the back of the mind. I do remember the switches on the various models, namely switching through Combat options, but I never really messed with them much.

I suppose I should get one of each model.

Edited by Good_Times

and you know well that most people like the pretend the top switches don't count, plus if we want to play that game there is no such thing as a 6 switch as they have 7 switches

Yes, there is, the ones without channel select. :P

There is a cream for that.

Nowadays there's cream for everything! Still, I don't believe there will ever be anything that will take the memory of being hit with a hickory switch out of my mind. :(

Today that would be called child abuse, back then it was called discipline. :-D I can't say being whipped ever kept me out of trouble. I just made sure when I got into trouble it was well worth it. :evil:

if we're going that deep down the rabbit hole the controller add 5 more switches each unless you're using paddles

And if you add a second controller then, lordy. Playing Party Mix with 8 paddles could be the most complex Atari system known to humankind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...