IGNORED

Burned SEGA SATURN games have fx sounds but no music ?

Yeah, it sounds like you may not have configured the audio tracks properly. Some games are in BIN + CUE format, and if so you need the audio tracks separate and you have to make sure they are referenced properly in the CUE file (use a text editor to modify). Saturn can be a little iffy though as there are other formats floating around as well.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2023 at 7:20 PM, Mindless said:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem with Japanese games, particularly Samuri Showdown 4.

There are a few things I can think of considering:

1. Try to track down a different rip/ISO and ensure it's different from the one you already have; re-burn.

2. Research and determine if it's a game that uses CD audio for music. If so, you may need to ensure you've got the music tracks set up correctly with your rip. It depends on the rip. You will need to look at the .CUE file in a text reader and make sure the music files match to what's in the .CUE.

3. If the game uses the Saturn's internal sound processor for music generation as opposed to CD audio, then it could be some sort of compatibility issue and you're probably out of luck.

On 10/29/2023 at 6:20 PM, Mindless said:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem with Japanese games, particularly Samuri Showdown 4.

I use a Pseudo Saturn cart and not a modchip and burnt games have music no matter the region. I've got a nice collection of burnt Japanese shoot 'em ups and all of the music works. I would try burning the games as slow as your drive supports.