IGNORED

Prototype Pic Needed

joshk

I was wondering if someone could post some pics of Parker Brothers prototypes. I have a lot of 5200 games that I picked up that may have some protos. Two (Frogger II & Gyruss) have little square white labels with typewriter text on them (Name & Date) and the other three a blank carts. I don't have these yet, but they are on the way. There was one known Atari Loaner that was with these carts when he got them, but he has sold that already. Thanks for your help.

Why not post some pics of what you have? That may make it easier. Parker Brothers labels are notoriously bad and fall off the carts. Some of the carts you are getting may just be labelless regular carts. The only way to find out would be to boot them up to see if they are any different from the regular releases, or open them up to see what's inside.

You can also check out Tempest's excellent site for pictures:

www.atariprotos.com

I don't have the carts yet, they are on the way with some others that I needed. I could not find any Atari 5200 Prototype pics to compare them to when they do get here. Atariprotos is the first site I went to.

Here are some PB proto pics. I don't have my 5200 PB protos up yet, but they look the same.

http://www.msu.edu/user/reicher6/prototype.../cobraproto.jpg

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/f...gerII_43084.jpg

I'd be interested in your 5200 protos BTW. I have many 2600 protos I could trade (amongst other things).

Tempest

Those two picks looks like how he described the two. He is from CA and basicly resales things he picks up at garage sales and flea markets. I should have them in a day or two and I will get some picks posted for you to look at Tempest. Thanks for your time.

Archived