IGNORED

Billy ball at the hatchery (Cassette version)

notwhoyouthink

Here is a (ever so...) slightly modified version of "billy ball at the hatchery".

I currently have no way of testing this .wav file, as the power cord to my tape player seems to have gone missing.

I suppose that is my cue to at least try and do some house cleaning so i can find it. :P

The very end of line 770 was changed from

:: RUN "DSK1.MENU"

to

:: END

This was done by first using

CALL FILES(0)
NEW

in Classic99, then pasting the listing from this thread (second post), changing the end of 770, then

SAVE DSK2.BHATCH

Then i used TI99Dir to put this file into a .TIDISK, and exported it to a .TITAPE file using Win994a simulator's disk manager.

I also converted the BHATCH file into a .wav using CS1er.

To use in Win994a simulator, turn off expanded memory and disks, insert TI Extended Basic cart, and do RUN "CS1" from Extended Basic.

To use on real TI994a, go to XB, and use RUN "CS1" with a tape player loaded with this .wav file.

Enjoy, and please let me know for sure or not if this works on real hardware from tape!

billy ball at the hatchery.zip

Edited by notwhoyouthink
  • Like 2

Found the power cord.

The .wav files does indeed load.

Does not leave much free memory (1915 bytes free), but it fits and runs fine!

Just proof you do not a high dollar disk system or peb/nanopeb to enjoy some good old fashioned fun with your old TI.

I do not have one, but i have heard of people using mp3 players in place of the tape player. Would like to try this someday, but as long as my tape player keeps on working, i am in no rush.

Edited by notwhoyouthink
  • Like 2