IGNORED

Looking for flippers and a snorkel in Houston...

DavidMil

I dodged a bullet these last few days. The water rose to about four inches from coming in my door. It was about 30 inches deep in the street,

and we saw canoes, and kayakers, and kids on inner tubes going up and down the street all day Sunday. We never lost power either. To

give everyone an idea of how much rain fell in three days:

The city of Houston is just over 700 square miles, the surrounding area plus Houston is called the metroplex and is 8,778 square miles (or about

the size of New Jersey). So imagine the state of New Jersey covered with 51 inches of water and you'll get an idea of the rainfall just in Houston

area. The total rainfall area is almost 25,000 square miles, but the average for most of that area was only a measly 36 inches. Interstate 69,

Interstate 10, and Interstate 45 are still completely closed in some places in and around Houston. As of noon today we still can't get out of our

subdivision. So the dog and I have been taking a lot of naps and I think I'll go take another one now. I hope everyone else in the Houston area

was as lucky as we were...

DavidMil

• Like 6

Glad to hear you're safe and secure. I've been watching the news and our hearts goes out to the whole area. We've been through a storm or two here on the east coast but nothing like Harvey. Hoping the gulf coast gets back on it's feet fast, clean up and rebuilding seems like it takes forever when you have to live through it.

Yogi