IGNORED

Glueing Labels Question

Atarian7

I use a very light dusting of 3M spray adhesive on the back of label and apply it after cleaning cartridge surface.

I always stress the need to invert the can until it blows air after each use. This is probably a good reason to consider using

some kind of brush-on adhesive instead. The spray cans are handy, but a new can can easily be ruined by clogging the button and tube.

• Like 1

I found glue stick to be very effective and convenient.

I applied it directly to the label the few times I used it. Laid the label face down on a sacrificial sheet of paper to assure that the very edges could be thoroughly covered with the glue.

Probably wouldn't hurt to clean the cartridge surface with alcohol as a first step in the whole process.

• Like 3

I found glue stick to be very effective and convenient.

I applied it directly to the label the few times I used it. Laid the label face down on a sacrificial sheet of paper to assure that the very edges could be thoroughly covered with the glue.

Probably wouldn't hurt to clean the cartridge surface with alcohol as a first step in the whole process.

Really? I used a glue stick once, and it like soaked and shown through the label.

• Like 1

Glue sticks are the preferred method for most vintage toy enthusiasts when it comes to sticking vintage labels back without damaging the plastic. Of course if you aren't worried about keeping things vintage, reproduction labels are the best bet. While cyanoacrylates (super glue) will stick stuff together, it's not something you can easily remove, so I don't recommend it.

I recently (yesterday, as a matter of fact) found a roll of tape, that isn't actual tape. It's 2 inches wide and on a roll. It looks like a dark brown wax paper. When you apply it to something, it sticks, but the brown paper can then be peeled off, leaving a nice even coat of clear adhesive. I don't know where I got it or how long I've had it, since I found it while going through some junk I had boxed up in the spare room. I figure this stuff would be excellent for adding a sticky back to any type of paper, sadly, I don't have any more info than what I've given. I have a feeling it came from a box of assorted industrial tape that a friend of mine in maintenance at a local factory gave to me a few years ago..

• Like 1

Really? I used a glue stick once, and it like soaked and shown through the label.

I thought it was a stupid idea, too. Then I tried it on a Parker Bros. Frogger cartridge, because, well everybody else was doing it and it was Frogger so I had nothing to lose. Didn't have any bleeding/soaking through problems as I expected. That was several years ago and the label is still on. Used it on a couple of Activision carts as well, if I recall correctly.

If you search the forums for glue stick, you should see a number of very similar conversations.

• Like 1

I thought it was a stupid idea, too. Then I tried it on a Parker Bros. Frogger cartridge, because, well everybody else was doing it and it was Frogger so I had nothing to lose. Didn't have any bleeding/soaking through problems as I expected. That was several years ago and the label is still on. Used it on a couple of Activision carts as well, if I recall correctly.

If you search the forums for glue stick, you should see a number of very similar conversations.

Huh, glue stick for the win then. May have to try that again sometime. Maybe use a good brand.

• Like 1