IGNORED

WANTED 2600 Frogger, Popeye, Amidar...

i'm looking some parker brothers commons and i will pay or trade to get them. i need as many as you can scrap up, multiple copies of frogger, games with torn or peeled labels are fine too.

i kind of need these in a hurry so get in touch ASAP if you have some

email-

christianscott27@aol.com

AIM-

christianscott27

or private msg me here

THANKS!

* smells Ewok project *  :ponder:  

I should have a few with bad or no labels but you realize that there is 3 different style cases right ?  :)

I thought I smelled something too! :)

CPUWIZ, what do you mean by 3 different cart cases?

Do you have pictures?

I just looked over the PB carts I have in my collection, only 17 right now, but externally they were all identical, besides for my Frogger, which has "Made in Malaysia" molded on the back side near the end label. And I noticed I have two different Popeye carts, from the inside, the tabs are different, on one they don't move, the other along with all my other PB carts, are spring loaded.

I'm just curious what you mean by the 3 different style cases?

One style is melted/glued shut, another style has 1 screw and the third I know of has 2 screws. Too lazy to go find them right now. :D

I've opened pretty much every cart style I can think of except Air Raid, that's why I know. :ponder:

its a lot easier to deal with people thru email and pvt msgs rather than in a thread but heres the deal(s). i'd pay you the going rate for commons, ie. a frogger, popeye, amidar, spiderman, ESB with a torn label is gonna fetch about $2. i'd rather not have to use any games that are even considered slightly rare so no GI JOEs or Mr.DO's Castles please :) payment would be made via paypal and would also include mediamail shipping costs. trade deals are more flexible, shoot me your wants list and i'll see what i can do, i have a vast pile of tradestuff.

i've noticed a few very slight case variations, there are 2 screw, one screw, hong kong embossed and some with out console mounting peg feet (yeah i just made that term up). my main concern is that they all have the same shape, and all of them are a pain in the ass to crack open.

if theres anything i missed on the variations feel free to point it out.

anyone who scrounge up 13+ carts will recieve one of the end products as a trade item.

i'm really suprised how at how well this is going. i mentioned the 13 shells = one homebrew cart and thats the deal i'm going to go with. i had anticipated a much lower response rate so i figured it would make good sense to take carts in any amount but now it looks a lot easier to take only the bulk lots. i want to thank everyone who offered the smaller amounts, i just need to streamline the work associated with this project.

as far as i know no one has ever released a cart in anything but the standard atari shell, now i can see why! each one of these carts will require a good deal of hands on work just to get the shell in shape for the new boards. that fact alone is likely to keep the number produced at 50, at least in this case style.

i'd also like everyone to bear in mind that these games will not be made for sale, only trade items will be accepted. most of the games will distributed at future New England Classic Gamers meets, all part of our plan to take over the east coast ;) ... this is a non profit hobbyist venture, thats why we're keeping it cash free.

Archived