IGNORED

No more Alpha Race carts?

Cousin Vinnie

The gentleman at Good Deal Games says they do not have permission to make carts of Alpha Race anymore. So.............. anyone know the story behind that? How's a gangster supposed to get this gimmick on a cart?

They are restocking all their other games right soon so check back with him for the rest of his warez that where previously sold out.

• 2 months later...

They tried to ruin me, never ever again. For me it isn't about selling, it is about making people happy. ;)

You have made me happy 2 times in the past year and all without a website and paypal. I am hoping once Cali quits burning I will be happy if that Concerto works with my 7800. ;)

What is shoot the ufo?

Glad I bought this direct from sio2 back when I had money.

Uh, a game about shooting a UFO. Who doesn't want to do that - right?

I bought "Shoot the UFO" last year along with Alpha Race (which I had trouble understanding how to play).

Basically, in Shoot the UFO, you dodge meteorites and hit the UFOs. Hitting meteorites collects a small point bonus and hitting the UFO collects a larger point bonus. There is also an attractive but distracting starfield background with no interaction. And that is the extent of the game. Very little if any ramp up in difficulty and once you lose three lives it's game over. The game can be be fun in very short bursts but quickly becomes tedious if you grind for top score. Nothing that grabs you like that "one more try" sensation that arcade style games feed upon Game Over. No difficulty settings as far as I can tell.

For a much deeper gameplay experience, I would recommend "Meteor Shower" by PMP in the AtariAge store in lieu of this sleeper title. Not only is it cheaper than Shoot the UFO with much better graphics, but Meteor Shower offers everything Shoot the UFO does, with quickly ramping difficulty based on score, heat seeking missiles which target the player, and a scoring system that actually punishes players for allowing too many meteors to escape. Meteor Shower starts frantic and gets better the further you progress. Novice, standard, and expert mode start you with different point abounts (0, 10000, and 50000) to adjust skill level. At the hard mode, I lose more points than I gain normally but it's still tons of fun on any start setting... :P

• Like 1

Shoot the UFO was my first 7800 game.

Kosmic Stardust, how about a review of Sick Pickles latest WIP?

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice little game if simplistic. The bright saturated colors also make it look more like an Intellivision game than 7800, but I can't find fault for that. For a first effort, it is definitely commendable.

I'll have to look into sick pickles. ;-) :thumbsup: