IGNORED

MESS problems...yet again...

-^CrossBow^-

The past 3 builds of MESS I haven't been able to use at all. Basically what happens is that when I try to run the MESSGUI.exe or the MESS.exe file itself I get some error that the resource trying to be used cannot be found. Also, I can't even view the readme texts...like Messnew.txt etc. When I try to open them up, I get Access Denied errors?

I am trying to run the Win32 Mess builds here and I have an WinXP machine. The older versions of Mess seem to work just fine and I can view the attached Readme.txt etc. But these newer builds seem to be encrypted somehow and XP seems to think I don't have privelages to run the apps and view their contents. Anyone else ever see this? BTW. I even did a reload of XP about a month ago to see if there was glitch there. But this problem remains.

:x

Ack! tho I've never seen that problem, you did remove the registry key for MESS didn't you, as the new version keeps info in the ini in the installed dir now.

the latest version of mess fixed problems for me... speed of the gui, font colors, not too mention the addition of a working atari 2600 driver! hope you can get it running! good luck :)

Update for all who might care.

I still can't figure out why version 57B works just fine on my system and then I get these access denied messages on 68B. So out of curiousity I decided to install MESS 68B onto a spare drive in my system. The thing is, this drive is different from the main one because it is old, only 8gb instead of the 120gb of my newer one. And most important. It is still in a Fat32 partition. Sure as shit, I install MESS68B to that Fat32 part drive and BOOM! The icons look correct in the directory and most of all, it works.

Lesson to all, MESS 68B don't like NTFS partitions. Or at least...not mine.

:twisted:

Archived