IGNORED

Cybermorph Label Variations

JagMod

I'm at least temporarily out of the 1MB version - actually, all versions of Cybermorph - but I hope to get some more in stock in the not too distant future.

Somewhere, I used to have a FAQ I made about Jaguar label variations, and I'm surprised I never replied to this topic. I believe that there are three labels, as noted, but there is also the "black plastic" 2MB cart, and the regular cart color ones. A few of the Jaguar's first run of games were put into black carts. Cybermorph, Raiden and Trevor McFur are thre three that I remember that can come in this "shade" of plastic.

Does anyone know if any grey shelled copies are 2MB versions as well? In the handful of versions I've had over the years, only the black ones have been 2MB, but I'd be interested to know if any grey ones were as well. My assumption has been that Atari probably chopped the 2MB version off early on, hence it possibly only being available during the early/launch period with the other black cart games.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that if you got the pack-in version of Cybermorph they were all the 2MB version, with black and grey cases. I'm pretty sure the 1MB version didn't show up until they started selling it sperately, though I've no idea if it was the 1MB only, or if they sold both 1&2MB versions seperately (the 1MB version being the last printing).

I have the black cartridge, 2MB version with the serial number of J9000E 700700-2. This cartridge came with my Jaguar system when I bought it new in fall '95. I have no idea (nor the box or original Jaguar, just Cybermorph) if my Jaguar and Cybermorph were an early run, that sat on shelves until I bought it in '95 or if it was a later run (that still included Cybermorph). I always assumed I got an early run Jaguar system bundle since I had the Black cartridge, as I thought it was the early cartridge runs that had the black cartridge and later they were grey.

Edited by Gunstar

I'm pretty sure that if you got the pack-in version of Cybermorph they were all the 2MB version, with black and grey cases. I'm pretty sure the 1MB version didn't show up until they started selling it sperately, though I've no idea if it was the 1MB only, or if they sold both 1&2MB versions seperately (the 1MB version being the last printing).

I have the black cartridge, 2MB version with the serial number of J9000E 700700-2. This cartridge came with my Jaguar system when I bought it new in fall '95. I have no idea (nor the box or original Jaguar, just Cybermorph) if my Jaguar and Cybermorph were an early run, that sat on shelves until I bought it in '95 or if it was a later run (that still included Cybermorph). I always assumed I got an early run Jaguar system bundle since I had the Black cartridge, as I thought it was the early cartridge runs that had the black cartridge and later they were grey.

My Jag/Cybermorph bundle included the 1MB version. It was one of the units from when Kay-Bee was liquidating Jag stuff.

My Jag/Cybermorph bundle included the 1MB version. It was one of the units from when Kay-Bee was liquidating Jag stuff.

Well, apparently I stand corrected. Did your bundle still have Cybermorph in the Jaguar box without it's own box, "Cybermorph included" corner sticker on the box? What year exactly was Kay-bee liquidating, was it in '96 or later?

Well, apparently I stand corrected. Did your bundle still have Cybermorph in the Jaguar box without it's own box, "Cybermorph included" corner sticker on the box? What year exactly was Kay-bee liquidating, was it in '96 or later?

Like most I've seen, it was the Cybermorph cart bundle, with a sticker on the top-right corner of the box indicating that it included the game. Kind of like how the "64-bit power kit" console packages did it minus the game.

As far as when it was, it looks like '97, according to some old Usenet postings. :)