IGNORED

Predictions re: future rare cart values

angusjake

Where are rare cart values going to go in the next 10 years? It may seem like guessing the stock market. My theory: the 2600 was most active b/w 78-82. If we arbitrarily pick the average age of the game user at that time as about 12, then the average Atari-user from that era is in the 32-36 age range now. As these people enter their peak earning years in their 40s and 50s, they will be able to indulge and buy the things they always wanted but could never afford. Therefore, I predict rare carts will continue to climb in price for at least the next 10 years.

Your theory?

With the re-release of the update of the Special Edition of "E.T. The Extra Terrestrial" for the 30th anniversary in 2012, there will be another mass media push of E.T. merchandise.

But consumers will be searching for the largely forgotten "bargain bin" merchandise crowding the shelves today and will be trying to tame their nostalgia for the 80's when "E.T." originally hit theatres.

Due to the preceding years of mass destruction and neglect and disdain for "E.T." 2600 carts, the number with decent to mint label condition will be a very small number, and the rarity and asking price for this piece of crap ... I mean "history" will skyrocket :!:

:P :D :lol:

I question when my box of Atari stuff, turned into a collection. I figured it was when I printed off a list on the Internet to find games I didn’t have in my collection. I know I lost it that day. When I referred to my friendly Atari 2600 as a collection. Now I was willing to spend more than just .50 cents on a cart. I'll probably spend more as time goes on. So you wanted to know where cart prices would be? Defently higher because of my poor judgement. Thinking Atari carts are worth more than .50 cents a peice.

I'm Sorry,

Josh :P

Archived