IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

Just found my first heavy sixxer in the wild today. I got her home to test her out, and WOW! I can't believe how much of an improvement it is over all the non-heavy's. Even the mosts staticy Brazilian multi-carts have a crist sharp picture with no interference! Cool beans, my friends.

Staticy cartridges? Although I haven't owned any of the Brazilian multicarts, I think if you've had problems with another console having a staticy picture, it probably isn't the cartridge's fault. The only cartridge I know to have a negative effect on picture quality is Pitfall II, and it's usually not noticeable unless you're playing it with the shielding removed from the console motherboard. The image degradation caused by Pitfall II is not exactly what I'd call "static" either. It's a series of small alternating rectangular patches with diagonal "shadow" lines running in different directions. Your other console probably has a bad RF cable.

Just found my first heavy sixxer in the wild today. I got her home to test her out, and WOW! I can't believe how much of an improvement it is over all the non-heavy's. Even the mosts staticy Brazilian multi-carts have a crist sharp picture with no interference! Cool beans, my friends.

Staticy cartridges? Although I haven't owned any of the Brazilian multicarts, I think if you've had problems with another console having a staticy picture, it probably isn't the cartridge's fault. The only cartridge I know to have a negative effect on picture quality is Pitfall II, and it's usually not noticeable unless you're playing it with the shielding removed from the console motherboard. The image degradation caused by Pitfall II is not exactly what I'd call "static" either. It's a series of small alternating rectangular patches with diagonal "shadow" lines running in different directions. Your other console probably has a bad RF cable.

It's definitely a Brazilian Multi-cart "thing". I have about 10 working 2600 consoles and the "static/interference" is always the same on all the 2600s except the Heavy Sixers with certain lower quality Brazilian carts. I can take pictures if you want? Being a big collector of pirate carts I couldn't possibly ever use a non-heavy ever again.

Nice job on the two in a row, I have yet to find one in the wild. It's on the list. Thanks for posting.

I am seriously smokin' hot. Found a complete boxed Sears Heavy Sixer today with original joysticks, paddles, manuals, and included boxed game. The box shows it's age, but it's the contents that count. I'll get the serial number for you in an hour or so, I'm not home at the moment. If this keeps up I'm going to open a Heavy Sixer store! :lust:

Edited by ResOGlas

atari sunnyvale 83068j - no channel select hole/switch

Mine's "factory reconditioned" whatever that means? Big while label on the bottom says so :) Found it in the wild today, got it for $20 with a dozen games including silver Mario Bros. I feel sorta guilty made a poor old lady go down to her basement to retrieve it hehe...

Edited by dangevin

Sears heavy came today, #86456R and she's a beauty. Another Sears I got last week #49563S, was described "as is but appears to be in great condition". I guess that's accurate if great condition means gently laid upside down on a parking lot while someone runs and jumps and slides on it, pins bent over, power jack broken, switches that just flop around, oh well. I know, I know it said "as is", a way overused term.

May have been asked before but does anyone know how many heavy sixers both Atari and Sears were released? ;)

Not that I've heard of. There has only been speculation. :sad:

rixdafix, too bad about the condition of that H6er, both on the list now.