IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

I just got my first Heavy Sixer. It's a Sears Tele-Games. I didn't grow up with the Tele-Games but the picture quality looked great in a test. I have a few light sixers, a modded Vader and a really nice 4-switch woody.

Here is the serial #

s-l1600.png

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to giving my childhood Heavy Sixer a good cleaning/refurbishing.  I replaced the electrolytic caps, 7805 regulator and the chicklet caps near it, styrene audio caps, power jack and installed the anti-static mod for the joystick ports.  I'm still looking for yellow paint to match the pin striping on the bezel.  I couldn't bring myself to peel off the label I made back in the day, by the "Fuji" on the woodgrain 😁

MFG. in Sunnyvale, CA
SN# 54082M

20240325_080522.thumb.jpg.73dad5677b275e15db5fa68cde98d150.jpg20240314_161459.thumb.jpg.a4ee695e6124e76c14d9149fb3bb0701.jpg20240309_142405.thumb.jpg.9c497a4141bf7ace3e830d7dd24a39ce.jpg20240325_161829.thumb.jpg.fa18e89b0048ce631d671315a2e89307.jpg

Edited by McFly88DMC

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 1:37 PM, McFly88DMC said:

I couldn't bring myself to peel off the label I made back in the day

Heh. That's funny. In case you forget?

I actually like carts with people's names and labels and such on them. Feels like history. 

I bought a collection of Odyssey2 carts that had handwritten, masking tape labels on them. Sadly, the adhesive has dried up and many of the labels are gone. But I do have an O2 game catalog with handwritten reviews and comments about some of the games. 

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 6:36 PM, BigO said:

Heh. That's funny. In case you forget?

I actually like carts with people's names and labels and such on them. Feels like history. 

I bought a collection of Odyssey2 carts that had handwritten, masking tape labels on them. Sadly, the adhesive has dried up and many of the labels are gone. But I do have an O2 game catalog with handwritten reviews and comments about some of the games. 

Haha, I got one of those old-school Dymo label makers for Christmas as a kid and got a little carried away.  I think my parents quickly regretted that purchase!  

I get what you mean re: history...it is kind of a cool feeling.  Quite a few of my 2600 carts were "personalized" by their previous owners.  

6 hours ago, McFly88DMC said:

Quite a few of my 2600 carts were "personalized" by their previous owners.  

I'd forgotten until this recent posting, but I had a 2600 cartridge that was labeled as belonging to a doctor's office. I'm not even sure if I still have that one. Now I'm going to have to hunt for my old post about it...

Edited by BigO