IGNORED

Dona Bailey Interview - Centipede & Atari Legend

Adriano Arcade

• 4 weeks later...

I have a friend who knows Ed Logg who was the project manager on Centipede. She's one of the people who worked on it, but hardly it's sole creator as is often reported.

Ed Logg said once during an Atari Coin-Op Panel discussion at CGE that half the Centipede code was his and half the code was hers, and that while the graphics and colors and other things were designed by her, the actual game design was his. He did say that she had a lot of input and that he had no problem giving her credit for Centipede because, in his words, "I've got enough stuff." Presumably, he means that Centipede is only one of the many games in his extensive portfolio, but (as far as I know) it is the only one that Dona Bailey was ever credited for, although she apparently worked at Videa and other game companies.

Ed Logg said once during an Atari Coin-Op Panel discussion at CGE that half the Centipede code was his and half the code was hers, and that while the graphics and colors and other things were designed by her, the actual game design was his. He did say that she had a lot of input and that he had no problem giving her credit for Centipede because, in his words, "I've got enough stuff." Presumably, he means that Centipede is only one of the many games in his extensive portfolio, but (as far as I know) it is the only one that Dona Bailey was ever credited for, although she apparently worked at Videa and other game companies.

That's a bit more generous than what he told my friend but who knows.